+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brake shields

Hello guys,

In FSAE2010 rules section B 7.1.6, it says that The braking system must be protected with scatter shields from failure of the drive train from minor collisions..... any interpretation ??... Does anybody know anything about how to fit a brake shield??.... i thought it could be reasonable only when it comes to the brake tubes and lines by keeping them away from rotating parts (differential and chain sprockets).... is that all??

Ask the rules committee.

Like exFSAE said, ask the rules comitee..

But i want to add my 2 cents: scattter shields must be provided if you have any basic brake component on the vecinity of a rotating component (ie: chain, sprocket, CVT Pulley or belt), whose failure could end on a brake line or caliper being struck and damaged by debris.

If i remember well.. those scatter shields need to be made with the same specs as chain scatter shields (material and thickness)
    -----------------------------------
    Drivetrain Leader 07-08
    Technical Director 08-09
    Team FSAE USB - Caracas - Venezuela.

a scatter shield is reqd covering the chaindrive over the sprocket.incase of chaindrive snapping the links hitting the disc or the calipers or getting stuk somewer is worst case scenario ever

+ Reply to Thread