+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE Lincoln 2015

Quote Originally Posted by JT A. View Post
    I think the survey that you fill out for the event guide asks you to list vehicle weight with 150lb or 175 lb driver
    Any idea which one it is?
    Jay Swift
    Combustion Powertrain
    Global Formula Racing 2013-2014

Can someone confirm that Western University of Ontario has a four-cylinder engine?
    Charles Kaneb
    Magna International
    FSAE Lincoln Design Judge - Frame/Body/Link judging area. Not a professional vehicle dynamicist.

Why did three of the top five and five of the top twelve teams in autocross only attempt two runs? Long line at the end?
    Charles Kaneb
    Magna International
    FSAE Lincoln Design Judge - Frame/Body/Link judging area. Not a professional vehicle dynamicist.

Quote Originally Posted by ausracing View Post
    Ryan,

Thanks for the link to the Official Program. I just wish there was some way of better seeing all those nice 3-view drawings. (Zoom makes them bigger, but just as fuzzy... )

Any links for live-feed?
    ~~~o0o~~~

Also many thanks to Lawrence R. for that "hammer-head hairpin" in the AutoX course. I see there is even one in the practice course. Would be good fun watching the drivers there, trying to learn the best line.

Z

I think this is link to Preliminary Results...

http://www.sae.org/servlets/pressRoo...&EVENT=FORMULA

Z

(PS. Fastest Acceleration time = 4.104 seconds. TOO SLOW!!! You should all be in the mid-3s by now! (Hint: MORE R%!!! ))
    Last edited by Z; 06-19-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Erik,
    The three view drawings are part of the Team's Design Report. These are considered proprietary and are not released publically.
    If a team choose to publish their DR (some do) then you can access the three views.

Pat Clarke
    The trick is... There is no trick

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Kaneb View Post
    Can someone confirm that Western University of Ontario has a four-cylinder engine?
    Yes, Western runs a four-cylinder. As for autocross runs, I do believe that is the case. I was told our second driver "ran out of time" in line.
    -----------------------------------
    Matt Birt
    Engine Calibration and Performance Engineer, Enovation Controls
    Former Powertrain Lead, Kettering University CSC/FSAE team
    1st place Fuel Efficiency 2013 FSAE, FSAE West, Formula North
    1st place overall 2014 Clean Snowmobile Challenge

Congrats to SJSU. Well done.
    Formula SAE: When you just can't get rid of a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Clarke View Post
    The three view drawings are part of the Team's Design Report. These are considered proprietary and are not released publically.
    Pat,

Almost every Team listed in the official Lincoln Program booklet has their 3-view drawing displayed right next to all their vital specs. That booklet, and its pdf, are publically released. My concern was that the pdf of the booklet has the 3-view drawings at a rather low resolution.

Are you suggesting that each Team has come to a formal agreement with the organisers that their drawings can be publically released in that booklet, but ONLY below a certain rather low resolution?

Or is it more likely that whoever cut-and-pasted the pics did so at whatever "rough enough is good enough" resolution the digital fairies deemed fit at the time?
    ~o0o~

Can anyone comment on the resolution of the drawings in the real booklet vs the pdf?

I know that standard printing processes are capable of very high resolution, and it costs nothing extra to print at those high resolutions. I also know that for ~30 odd years even the best magazines/brochures have been constantly giving us these third-rate, low resolution, "digital" pictures, with their staircasing/pixelating/+++. And they do so because "it is progress"!!!

Z
    Last edited by Z; 06-21-2015 at 10:10 PM.

IIRC a certain resolution is required for the booklet; all teams should be submitting the same quality images and IMHO the images in the printed booklets are of plenty high quality.

Releasing a low res-version on the internet is much different that releasing the same drawing in high resolution. Many companies do this to avoid disclosing IP when they still want to show certain pictures.
    Jim
    "Old guy #1" at UCONN Racing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast