+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE at MIS 2008 Competition: - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More.

Yeah, Delft in the Design finals! also 85 points at the Cost Event...

I heard we did a 5.12 on the skidpad (average/lap) and a 4.25 at acc... very promising..

* update: Just heard Delft is second at the Business presentation, at the moment of typing in cueue for autocross..

pictures from the scrutineering day:
    http://www.lightatwork.nl/dag3/

what happened to the car in the picture? did it break the suspension during brake test or something?
    RiNaZ

I just got the word that Saginaw Valley State University won acceleration. Go Cards!!!!
    Daniel Deussen
    www.weber-motor.de
    Saginaw Valley State University Alum
    Cardinal Formula Racing '99 - '05
    FSAE: 6th in '02 and 8th in '05
    FSG: Member of the Operative Team (Scrutineering, Dynamics)

Originally posted by Dan G:
    Flying out tomorrow to take some pickatures.

If anyone has blown their GT12/15V, contact me before 3pm PST.
    Hey Duder, any chance you could post some pics?

Hey DanG did you make it out? Ive been looking all over for you.
    86 944 turbo

Unofficial overall before autocross and endurance:

1. Delft
    2. TU Graz
    3. Helsinki
    4. UWA

Then if I remember right it was Cornell and RMIT...

But will be changing a bit after AutoX... Delft is going strong! Good luck to all for the endurance!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former Engine Manager
    Metropolia Motorsport
    Metropolia UAS, Helsinki

http://www.metropolia-motorsport.fi/

Design & Race Engineer
    Artline Formu

Tim, yea I'm here. I was out in the dynamic area all day. 8 gigs worth of pics, I'll try to find a few good ones. Upload them soon.

Originally posted by carboneater:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kirk Feldkamp:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RiNaZ:
    ...I think their ability to joke around with each other kinda show what type of car you can produced when you have teamwork...
    Ya, and a $500000 yearly budget. That's the number I've gotten from one of my pretty plugged in sources. I'm just glad to see that they really live up to the hype. Their cars are pretty f'n rad!

-Kirk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't forget our privat learjets and the trucks all over the world!!
    Sorry, I've to say that, but "$500000 yearly budget" is absolutley nonsense!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then there are some people in high up places spreading rumors about you. That'd be ~350k EURO's if you're wondering, which is the original number I heard. Care to share the real numbers if my source is off? I know I'm interested.

-Kirk

Very unofficial rankings so far (taking numbers from the Graz site http://racing.tugraz.at/de/home/usa-...chterstattung/ )
    Also remember that DUT, Graz, Helsinki and ETS are in design finals so they don't have a design score yet:

1. Joanneum Racing Graz 519
    2. UWA 507
    3. RIT 492
    4. Missouri UST 490
    5. TUFast 485
    6. Rennteam Stuttgart 481
    7. RMIT 478
    8. Wisconsin 477
    9. Saginaw 473
    10. Toronto 460

keep in mind there is TU Delft, TU Graz, ETS and Helsinki who should get 130+ so putting that in there we have Graz with 485-505, Delft with 529-549, Helsinki with 480-500 and ETS with 445-465.

Again, these are extremely unofficial, I just added up the scores from the Graz website and I've probably made quite a few mistakes so please check them and correct me.

hey, anyone knows the results of auto x?
    thx!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast