+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE at MIS 2008 Competition: - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More.

Originally posted by DustinJones:
    Congrats to all teams who made it to competition this year. Getting a car ready for comp is a great achievement in itself. The foreign teams were amazing again (Tu Graz and Helsinki were my personal favorites). U of Evansville finished endurance (27th) for the first time ever, we were very happy for this year's car. Does anyone know what happened to Purdue? I saw them pull in at driver change and they never came back.
    I don't think they were able to restart their engine after the driver change.

Congratulations to all! Well done! Can you guys post your pictures? Thanks!
    ~ Steed
    Cincy FSAE Alum. 05-07
    TA/Frame Leader

Originally posted by RiNaZ:
    what happened to the car in the picture? did it break the suspension during brake test or something?
    The car in the picture broke during break test a rod end on each side broke and that started a chain reaction luckly the uprights did not break and we got the car running after a whole night of rebuilding the wishbones, it was all fun and worht it, need to improve a lot more for next year but what better way of learning than breaking!

It was a cool comp loved the interaction with teams I had tons of fun! congratulations to everyone!

Erick
    Team Formula SAE UCV 2003-2007
    Kettering University 2008

I'm still looking of ways to get there faster!
    www.fsaeucv.org

For those wondering about pics...they are coming, probably will be up before end of today...

Congrats to UWA for winning it all, and special mention to Cincinatti for finishing right in front of Toronto for 3rd comp in a row, we'll get you sometime.....lol
    Finished @ UofT Racing
    2003-2007
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thanks to all for a great competition. Check out some of the good press at windingroad.com: article

When will the results be up? I asusme they will be found on the SAE website where the endurance ones are in latests news?

Not that it matters, we finished endurance but didnt get squat for it because of the 133% speed rule....that and they brought us in, we removed our driver and started celebrating then someone walked over and said get back in you have 2 more laps!
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

What is the 133% speed rule?
    Rutgers Formula Racing 04,05, 06

Despite not competing in the dynamic events we still had fun and completed all the static events despite a non running car. A combination of an extremely young team and a complete car redesign led to our fate. However nobody from the team is graduating and we are looking forward to next year. Plus we met our weight target of 370lbs. Thanks to all who stopped by and said hi despite a non running car. Lots of photos to follow, most from endurance. If anybody wants a full resolution copy 3072x2304 just let me know. I've also got lots more similar to these.

My 2008 FSAE East Album....

http://picasaweb.google.com/racingmaniac/FormulaSAE2008

As usual, if your team see something they can use just PM me with the file name and a e-mail address that can recieve big files(full size pic are around 3008x2000 and ~1MB each) and I'll e-mail you...
    Finished @ UofT Racing
    2003-2007
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast