+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The first FSAE Demo car chassis in Hong Kong

Originally posted by Horace:
    Scania,

Are there any FSAE teams in Hong Kong? Just wondering...
    we are building the first team in HK
    are you from HK?

it was a two stroker bougth for $125.
    the car was capable of pulling speeds of 75kph, which i think is decent. our weigth was around 150kg without driver.

cb250 should pull it around for sure. will be clumsy at launch but will work.
    Hiren G Patel

FS – Orion Combustion (Founder Member)
    -------Prototype '06
    -------Powertrain Lead '06 '07 '08 '09
    -------Composites guy '10
    -------Technical Director '10
    -------Technial Advisor/Mentor '12

Originally posted by Scania:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Horace:
    Scania,

Are there any FSAE teams in Hong Kong? Just wondering...
    we are building the first team in HK
    are you from HK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, check ur message inbox
    Horace Lai

hi,Scania.

The thing i noticed is the weight ratio of FF&RR.how about the target of your weight ratio? Just seen from your pic.I think maybe there is a little heavy in FR parts.

Then i'm intersting in what's idea of ENG mount.
    The current rear space is limited,i think.

BTW:Are you from Hongkong? HK university?I work in guangzhuo city of China. nice to meet u~

It is good to have a new team. Being the first in Hong Kong must be very special. Hopefully, this university project provides credibility to motorsports in general for Hong Kong.

Awesome!! Great to see you guys putting some effort in to be the first!! Keep it up and ask more questions if you're in doubt!! (but make sure you did try finding the answer 1st otherwise you might get some unpleasent responses!!)

All the best!!
    Harry Cheung
    ---
    Retired Testing Manager/Steering/Suspension/Electrical Designer of
    Team Bath Racing 2008

My Flickr | [URL=http://www.miniharry.co.uk]My Webspace

WOW! I never know that I will find this thread. Okay tell me that im digging it from a super dead thread or whatsoever.. But its just so amazing reading and remembering the first demo. As far as I can remember i can see that wall thickness was really too much and the tube diameter by that time is just too little.. Imagine that whole thing weighs as much as most other finished cars. Wow. its like a flush-bulb memory Im having here..

By what i observed, most people of FSAE teams like cars the most in the engineering faculty, and very rarely any of the talented engineers. Was there a second demo or something like that? i cant find it in the old files here.. I dont have any news about it when I when to California..

Wow.. you got a load of memory.

Hey, I am very happy to hear that you guys are putting the first FSAE team in HK. Is the team part of any organization or school? I am from Hong Kong too. Good luck.

So you can enter the FSAE china fisrt
    The team like BIT &THU is powerful

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast