+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: RollingCamel: What's going on in Egypt

Wesley,
    In general I would agree with you about the majority of the US press. However, in this household we get our TV news from BBC America and radio news from NPR (National Public Radio), both covered the events in Egypt extensively. Even our "local" paper, the Detroit Free Press, did a reasonable job of including it in their World News. Most areas of the country can get NPR, but you will probably have to have a premium cable channel to get BBC America (which also has Top Gear - UK version!)

Rolling Camel, good luck. You and all the people in Egypt have a real challenge. Things seem to be moving in the right direction at the moment.

Respect for the Libyan ppl. Gadhafi gone mad!
    Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

Originally posted by RollingCamel:
    Respect for the Libyan ppl. Gadhafi gone mad!
    Hey!
    You are talking about the man who taught Bunga Bunga to Berlusconi.

I had "some" suspect he was mad also before he came twice in official visits in Italy where he rent a hundred of good looking girls (more than 1.70 m tall) to give a class of Islamic religion.
    I have nothing against Islamic religion.
    I have something against this kind of leaders (not only Islamic!).
    Lorenzo Pessa

D-Team UniPisa (alumni of E-Team - Università di Pisa)
    FSG & FSAE-I 2009-2010

Originally posted by Michael Royce:
    Wesley,
    In general I would agree with you about the majority of the US press. However, in this household we get our TV news from BBC America and radio news from NPR (National Public Radio), both covered the events in Egypt extensively. Even our "local" paper, the Detroit Free Press, did a reasonable job of including it in their World News. Most areas of the country can get NPR, but you will probably have to have a premium cable channel to get BBC America (which also has Top Gear - UK version!)

Rolling Camel, good luck. You and all the people in Egypt have a real challenge. Things seem to be moving in the right direction at the moment.
    BBCA is usually the only channel I ever watch. Between Top Gear, The Next Generation reruns, and BBC World News, there's never really a reason to change the channel.
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

I had "some" suspect he was mad also before he came twice in official visits in Italy where he rent a hundred of good looking girls (more than 1.70 m tall) to give a class of Islamic religion.
    You are right about that. He always had lots of stupid ideas...talk a look at his "holy" Green Book..

One of his wise quotes: "Women have the right to vote, whether male or female.."

And what's up with Berlusconi? Some really stupid statements on his part too. Isn't he a corrupt bastard too?

Originally posted by Wesley:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Royce:
    Wesley,

BBCA is usually the only channel I ever watch. Between Top Gear, The Next Generation reruns, and BBC World News, there's never really a reason to change the channel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beside the BBC, Al-Jazeera International (not Arabic) is very good. Ah well, most who run it are from the BBC..

Originally posted by RollingCamel:
    Isn't he a corrupt bastard too?
    More than that and it is really difficult to piss him off.

On 23 december 2010 Berlusconi said "I'm linked with a friendship with Moubarak, with Gaddhafi and with Ben Alì. I want to stimulate these countries to develop democracy"
    You can read it as a lack of foresight or he bring bad luck.

Now I fell sorry that Italian people were not able to have a government able to substain his role as the middle of Mediterranean Sea, the link or the gate of Africa and Europe. At now Italy is the only European country that not officially condemn the violence in Lybia.
    Thousands of people from Tunisia are putting their lives at risk in the sea to get to italian coasts. In the Lampedusa Island there is something similar to an humanitarian emergency and the government is focused on making laws to block Berlusconi's trials.

What I express here are personal opinions.
    Lorenzo Pessa

D-Team UniPisa (alumni of E-Team - Università di Pisa)
    FSG & FSAE-I 2009-2010

May God help the Libyans. They are bombarded by aerial strikes and artillery. The Egyptian ppl from Alexandria are readying medical supplies to be sent to the Libyans.

I wish we can help them more, but the Libyan ppl must deal with their problems themselves. Just if they can send information and media through Egypt since all the services have been cut even the land lines.

Libya is proving a tough problem. The Libyans at Benghazi have started organizing themselves under anti-Ghadaffi military officers in order to start some organized militant attacks. Libya is is huge with few ppl.

Another thing, as stupid and corrupt as he is it is astonishing how deep Europe went into deals with him in the past.

Urgent from Alexandria: Protesters and Army have attacked Internal Security building in Alexandria after they opened fire on ppl and found huge amounts of shredded and burnt documents. Commandos are now attacking the 2nd floor to get hold of the building.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast