+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: RollingCamel: What's going on in Egypt

I am not from the US, but german news agencies are reporting this as well.

They talk about 800 Marines, some warships and even a carrier, but only to secure the evacuation of american citizens.

Regards,

Tobias
    Regards,

Tobias

Formula Student Germany
    FSE Rules & Organisation
    http://twitter.com/TobiasMic
    http://TobiasMic.Blogspot.com

Not many people know the difference between resolution and accuracy.

Mubarak is DONE!!
    Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

I had not heard anything about our military moving in or anything, but they have been reporting all morning about the stepped up protests. Apparently they worked since he finally stepped down! I haven't had a chance to read much about him stepping down, but any idea on who will take over until you guys can organize elections?

You guys are getting support from all sides over here. Because of that I wouldn't worry about our military too much.

The time for real work and building just started.

Hosny Dumpty sat on a wall....Hosny Dumpty had a great fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhcatJyBrwY

RollingCamel congrats pal!!!

As a matter of fact, I feel happy and jealous for you and all your people there in Egypt.

We have a similar moron here at home, destroying everything 24/7 since 1998.. What are your plans with Mubarak?, That guy deserves a trial on The Hague and to get canned for the rest of his life.

WeŽll try to send ours near him, so them wont feel a little bit alone until 2050.
    -----------------------------------
    Drivetrain Leader 07-08
    Technical Director 08-09
    Team FSAE USB - Caracas - Venezuela.

Thanks.

Isn't Venezuela's condition a bit more complex?

When it comes to news, the US is just about worthless.

Most world citizens hear more about US activities than US citizens do - and not just because of ignorance, but because our media outlets are rubbish.
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

Originally posted by RollingCamel:
    Can anyone from the US verify the rumor that American warships were sent to Egypt?
    Yes, not widely reported here but there was a Marine ship sent to the Red Sea on Feb 4. It was somewhere in the middle east already and not fully staffed, had about 700 troops aboard.

Official reason was to evacuate US citizens if it became necessary. Which I guess makes sense why it wasn't full of troops.

There was also an aircraft carrier on it's way to Afghanistan that held position in the Mediterranean for a few extra days while the protests were continuing.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.co...ble-evacuations.html
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

Originally posted by RollingCamel:
    Can anyone from the US verify the rumor that American warships were sent to Egypt?
    Yes, not widely reported here but there was a Marine ship sent to the Red Sea on Feb 4. It was somewhere in the middle east already and not fully staffed, had about 700 troops aboard.

Official reason was to evacuate US citizens if it became necessary. Which I guess makes sense why it wasn't full of troops.

There was also an aircraft carrier on it's way to Afghanistan that held position in the Mediterranean for a few extra days while the protests were continuing.

(Link will be posted after it gets approved)
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast