+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Michigan course maps 2013

Well the tracks have been posted. What are people's thoughts?

Looks like an interesting track to me. Lots of straights and slaloms to build up speed on the endurance track with some tight sections as well.

Should be interesting as always to see which type of car the track rewards.

link: http://students.sae.org/compet...3fsae_courses_vf.pdf

It's hard to tell exactly how long the course, but if it's similar to last year I definitely think they should add another passing zone for endurance.

Zips Racing 2009-2014
    Jorts and Tank-top model 2013-2014

Bottom portions of both courses looks really technical, top sides look really fast. Should be interesting.

Certainly looks like it's going to be much slower than last year and maybe even slower than 2011. I don't like that they got rid of the 180 at the end. That was always a fun corner to put the power down on. Oh well, we'll still try to go fast on it regardless!
    Trent Strunk
    University of Kansas
    Jayhawk Motorsports
    2010-2014

Now in NASCAR land. Boogity.
    Opinions Are My Own

I was also a fan of the large turnaround. I wonder just how tight the rectangle section will be...

Originally posted by MegaDeath:
    It's hard to tell exactly how long the course, but if it's similar to last year I definitely think they should add another passing zone for endurance.
    Assuming the autoX and enduro courses are the same length, which they look to be, it's a ~1km mile course (from the ppt on the SAE website, Drivers Meeting Presentation)...so I would expect 11 laps per driver.

+ Reply to Thread