+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Average Age of people on your team

Hello everyone!
    Just wanted to figure out what the average age of members on your teams were. Trying to figure out if some of the problems we've been having with management had any correlation with age. In our case, we have 12 members that are 19 years old, 3 that are 21.

Thanks for your input!

KAIST
    Aaron Park

Hello everyone!
    Just wanted to figure out what the average age of members on your teams were. Trying to figure out if some of the problems we've been having with management had any correlation with age. In our case, we have 12 members that are 19 years old, 3 that are 21.

Thanks for your input!

KAIST
    Aaron Park

In asia, a lot of students start college early, straight out of high school. So it's not out of the ordinary to start college at 16 or 17.

In US, some ppl like to do other stuff before deciding if they wanna go to college after high school. And some did, drop out and decided later to finish the degree again. So you'll see all range of age in US colleges.

So i personally think age plays a very small percentage. It is more ego than age, and young ppl tend to have more of those than older/wiser guys.
    RiNaZ

Two 17 (as RiNaZ eluded to very rare in the states)
    One 18
    About five 19
    About ten 20
    About fifteen 21
    About fifteen 22
    About ten 23-30
    Two 30+

According to the Michigan PA system I am celebrating my 45th birthday.

Our faculty adviser is ancient. Older than the ME building. Lets just say he STARTED teaching at UW in 1960. He has a 1962 MG MGB which he is the 1st and only owner.

We have found with the young people that maturity is sometimes a problem. Not being accountable. Not ready to step up to a challenge. However the person that WAS our most senior member acted like a 13 year old and is now no longer with us. So it can go both ways. People are people and come in many different ages and levels of maturity.
    John "Jack" Vinella
    University of Washington Alumni 06' 07' 08' 09'

There are 60 people in your team! I don't know how teams operate with that many people, although it would probably explain why the core of our team struggle with the workload. We have about 25 people, all 2nd and 3rd year students about 21yrs old.
    Regards,

Lee Stretch
    UHRacing Alumni
    www.racing.herts.ac.uk

Only fifteen guys in our team: all are 21 years old.

regards
    Paul
    Suspension group leader
    Tasia 09 racing team

3 - 18 ish
    3 - 19 ish
    4 - 20 ish
    2 - 21
    2 - 24 ish

I think that realizing how long projects will actually take is the biggest problem on our team, although that definately spans the entire age grouping, from our youngest to oldest members. For us it's more of a project experience level that determines how well they will be able to complete projects.
    J.R.
    University at Buffalo Alum.
    Safety Wire Team Leader

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
    Louis D. Brandeis

Our team age follows a Gaussian distribution with the mean being around 23 or so.

Formula SAE: When you just can't get rid of a girlfriend.

I guess the variance is quite large between teams. I was just wondering because the drive and passion of the older members on our team is not matched by the younger fellows. Wanted to see if that was a universal thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast