+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chalmers Göteborg has Quitted Attending FS China

We are surprised to hear that Chalmers Göteborg, which would be the only international Racing Team in Formula Student China (FSC) Combustion to be hold in Shanghai in October, has cancelled its Journey to China.

As we all know, Chalmers has won the Formula Student 2012 and achieved 3rd place overall at Formula Student Germany 2012. So we are really looking forward to seeing Chalmers bring its Racing Car to Shanghai. And all the Chinese FSAErs could communicate face-to-face with each all YOU Guys like what we did with TU München last year, from which all FSAErs in China have got a lot of inspirations and suggestions.

However, it was a dream now.

We got the news that Chalmers quited FSC from an unofficial source (a microblog of staff of FSC Committee), and the FSC Committee has said nothing about it until now. So we have not enough information to know WHY Chalmers has quited FSC.

Is it about the Competition Arrangement that Put all the international Racing Teams (ONLY TWO TEAMS) under Group A and all the Domestic Teams Under Group B (39 Teams) so that Chalmers could not compete with the Chinese Teams and defeat them? Most Chinese FSAErs also considered it as a Ridiculous Idea!!!! But we cannot fix it.....Shade....

We really want to know the Reasons. ~
    ????????????????

Instead of focussing on getting one international team to your competition you should instead compete in the international comepetitions. That is what will really boost your knowledge!

Fantomas
    Scores under pressure

Well, if you want to know the reason why they quitted you might try to ask Chalmers directly. Shorter information paths Perhaps they just did not have the money to travel the long way.

However, splitting the participating teams into two individually judged groups does not sound like a fair competition. Of course the international teams will probably defeat the chinese ones (looking at the Beijing performance at FSG12), but this event is about learning which includes loosing and learning from mistakes. By the way, there was only one italian team in the top three overall at Formula Ata Italy from 2008 till 2012 and they did not establish different groups ...
    Tilman Schröder
    GETracing Dortmund, alumnus
    University of Technology Dortmund, Germany

Originally posted by #??#:

Is it about the Competition Arrangement that Put all the international Racing Teams (ONLY TWO TEAMS) under Group A and all the Domestic Teams Under Group B (39 Teams) so that Chalmers could not compete with the Chinese Teams and defeat them? Most Chinese FSAErs also considered it as a Ridiculous Idea!!!! But we cannot fix it.....Shade....

"We cannot fix it".

Sure you can.

In the bulletin it clearly states, that all Chinese teams can choose to participate in the international group. So if you want to be on the world-level, you could choose to compete directly against all foreign teams (maybe they will come next year...) in English.

Anyway, I think their is a good answer to your question.. I will ask on of the Chalmers guys

Edit: I have the most simple answer by Chalmers:

They couldn't secure the funding of the whole trip and therefore decided to skip the Chinese event. No politics involved
    -------------------------------------------
    Alumnus
    AMZ Racing
    ETH Zürich

2010-2011: Suspension
    2012: Aerodynamics
    2013: Technical Lead

2014: FSA Engineering Design Judge

Yeah, sounds good.

I believe More and More Chinese Teams would prefer to Compete in the FS Japan or even FS Germany if they could get enough support from the sponsors because the Journey to FSJ or FSG would be more rewarding than FS China in terms of technical improvements and the justice & equity of Competition.

Chinese FSAErs know that the Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), which has participated in FS Germany this summer, has an unusual relationship with the FSC Official Committee, resulting in the 'failure' of TU München in FSC 2011. So the Competition Fairness of FSC is a Big Problem itself, which would definitely restrict the development of FSC in future.

Originally posted by Fantomas:
    Instead of focussing on getting one international team to your competition you should instead compete in the international comepetitions. That is what will really boost your knowledge!

Fantomas
    ????????????????

Chinese FSAErs know that the Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), which has participated in FS Germany this summer, has an unusual relationship with the FSC Official Committee, resulting in the 'failure' of TU München in FSC 2011. So the Competition Fairness of FSC is a Big Problem itself, which would definitely restrict the development of FSC in future.
    What are you talking about? I did not attend FSG 2011 so I do not know what happened there ...
    Tilman Schröder

Yeah We are try contacting Chalmers and hope to know the Reasons.

Well, Fairness is Big Problem for FS China.
    See my last Post above.

Originally posted by Tilman:
    Well, if you want to know the reason why they quitted you might try to ask Chalmers directly. Shorter information paths Perhaps they just did not have the money to travel the long way.

However, splitting the participating teams into two individually judged groups does not sound like a fair competition. Of course the international teams will probably defeat the chinese ones (looking at the Beijing performance at FSG12), but this event is about learning which includes loosing and learning from mistakes. By the way, there was only one italian team in the top three overall at Formula Ata Italy from 2008 till 2012 and they did not establish different groups ...
    ????????????????

Well, we have heard from FS-China Committee earlier that Volvo would sponsor the Journey of Chalmers to FS China 2012, so we have thought the Funding would not be a problem for them.

Originally posted by JulianH:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by #??#:

"We cannot fix it".

Sure you can.

In the bulletin it clearly states, that all Chinese teams can choose to participate in the international group. So if you want to be on the world-level, you could choose to compete directly against all foreign teams (maybe they will come next year...) in English.

Anyway, I think their is a good answer to your question.. I will ask on of the Chalmers guys

Edit: I have the most simple answer by Chalmers:

They couldn't secure the funding of the whole trip and therefore decided to skip the Chinese event. No politics involved </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ????????????????

Well ,FSC means Formula Student China here, not Formula Student Combustion. I'm sorry to neglect the differences between them.

I'm talking about Formula Student China 2011. And Beijing Institute of Technology, as the Champion of Formula Student China 2011, has participated in FS Germany 2012.

Originally posted by Tilman:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by #??#:
    What are you talking about? I did not attend FSG 2011 so I do not know what happened there ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ????????????????

Well ,FSC means Formula Student China here, not Formula Student Combustion. I'm sorry to neglect the differences between them.

I'm talking about Formula Student China 2011. And Beijing Institute of Technology, as the Champion of Formula Student China 2011, has participated in FS Germany 2012.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tilman:
    What are you talking about? I did not attend FSG 2011 so I do not know what happened there ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Tilman Schröder

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast