+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any Suggestions for Site???

that's a great point sam ... things have gotten really slow during christmas until those guys from Iran came in with their questions.

I guess all newbie questions are welcome, but maybe not to the point where you're making it so obvious that you're looking for a free ride like what we've been seeing recently.

it's gonna be a while till you see some changes to this site, but we got to start somewhere i guess.
    RiNaZ

speaking of stickys, how about:
    radiator design, single vs 4 cylinder, can it win...and the gf vs fsae one that went on forever
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

MAKE A NEW SITE IN WHICH ONLY SMART PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED. I'm not questioning newbs, becasue we were all once a newb. But I hate the idiots who post questions a simple google search could have answered. Why can't nature selection working faster...

Originally posted by mark zhai:
    MAKE A NEW SITE IN WHICH ONLY SMART PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED...
    Why can't nature selection working faster...
    Man, I laughed for a few minutes at that one.
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

Madison eh.....how things lookin for you guys?
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

Certainly stickies would be a good idea.

I think they could be broken up into specific categeries. IE: Brakes, suspension, engine, etc.

I see the same questions being asked over and over again, and if they were in categories, it may greatly reduce the need to ask these question.
    Then again people still have to go to the trouble of searching for the answer,it just makes it easier.
    Bart Smith
    Team Manager
    USQ Motorsports

It would be really nice to have sub menus under the main headings. Open could be subdivided into
    Suspension
    Frame
    Elec
    Engine
    etc.

dynamic could be broken down into Each of the events and a general

etc etc

that would make research on the site a heck of a lot easier.
    - Patrick Crane
    Suspension/Testing
    Universtiy of Victoria

it would be kind of cool to have a complete history of results posted somewhere. like the top 5 teams form each compitition for every year laid out in an organized manner.
    Mike D
    UTSA 04-

Originally posted by MikeDutsa:
    it would be kind of cool to have a complete history of results posted somewhere. like the top 5 teams form each compitition for every year laid out in an organized manner.
    You can find that on the FSAE page on sae.org.

I agree that there should be sections for various areas of the car. First, it would make searches more narrowed. Additionally, it would steer a lot of the random babble in the 'general' area move to the 'off topic' area, which I feel isn't used as much as it should be.

And stickies are a plus... there should definately be a sticky up on the basics of using the search feature, putting up pics, etc.

A sticky on team organization and faculty advisor issues might be warrented, as well.
    Dr. Ken Cunefare
    Faculty Advisor, GTMotorsports

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast