+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Suggestions for Site???

Just wondering what other ppl would like to see for changes. I would liketo see "stickys" on things like cad parts and the always asked questions about simple things that have been brought up 10000 times on here. Also some additions to the Photos would be cool.
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

...an articles archive would be sweet. If people submitted tech articles they have found/written we could build an impressive knowledge base.
    University of Idaho FSAE
    Engine Development
    http://www.uidaho.edu/~racing

Moderators would be good. This will avoid the same question being ask again and again. The moderators can move the topic to the previous discussion on the same topic.

It's hard to find material that you're looking for if one section has 70+ pages and hundreds of topics to go thru. Especially if the FIND button doesnt do you any good. Then you have to go thru every single topic/page to find what you're looking for.

Maybe someone who can design a better homepage (obviously this is a voluntary work). And a better picture browser, maybe like those FSAE websites where we can use the fwd button etc.

And maybe a good graphic designer who can do one of those Road & Track templates on Car Specifications (you know what im talking about right, the one page that is in blue and dark blue, with power/torque graph).
    RiNaZ

Maybe a locked section where it's not possible to create new topic. So especially good topic could be moved there and people could only reply.

Having moderators removing topic and everything is a bit tricky. It WILL create problems. Also, it would mean much more work for FSAE.com. It's already nice enough to host this forum.
    Formula SAE Laval
    Engine Team Leader

i guess i can bring this topic up again.

Tell us what you guys think. And maybe if there is someone in here who is good with graphics can do a revamp on the homepage.
    RiNaZ

Considering the amount of really basic stuff being asked on here, I agree that some 'stickies' would be in order.
    I would certainly post the 'Newbie' paper of mine that is posted in other places.
    There is lots of stuff on here that could be posted in a sticky format to help those who 'came in late'.
    Pat
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

Stickies..

'How do I make uprights?'
    'Whats the best way to do CFD on the intake?'
    'What engine should we use?'
    Colorado FSAE | '05 - '07
    Goodyear Tire & Rubber | '07 - '11
    NASCAR Engineer | '11 - ??

it's been a while since the owner of this site post anything. So unless he's reading this, i dont think we do anything about all these basic questions.
    RiNaZ

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions. I can see where the "Stickies" could help out since the forum continues to grow. I'll go ahead and set up a couple of moderators who can take care of this sort of thing.

Users will still be able to post topics without having to wait on approval from a moderator, but the moderator will then be able to move, modify, or "feature" (sticky) the post.

As for revamping the site, I'm definitely open to people's input. Not just ideas but actual work This site is volunteer and currently does not generate any income, just expense. So if you or anyone you know is interested in creating nicer pages, send them my way and we'll talk. Just use the contact us form at the bottom.

Have a great day!!
    Ira

take a look at how this is setup:
    http://performancetrucks.net/forums/
    I spend a lot of time on that forum, and its very easy to navigate and keep things organized.
    a few subcatagories we could have would be: new members, forced induction, engine performance, suspension, electronics, tuning, drivetrain, classifieds, multimedia, then just a general BS section.......also they allow the mods to move things around on that site to place them in more appropriate discussions...
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast