+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Presentation Event Equipment

As a first year team, we have a lot of questions about the Presentation Event. In the rules it states that SAE will post the available presentation equipment sometime before competition. Do you guys know when this usually happens? What equipment is generally at the competition. We would like to do a PowerPoint presentation so we would just need a TV or some type of projector?

Thanks,

The smart plan is to provide all your own equipment. Do not rely on the availability or the compatibility of what they might provide. Though it's been common for a couple teams to lend a projector out. Our team brought two projectors for good measure.
    -David Y

LOBOMotorsports '03-'05
    Stanford Formula for 2007

Do they provide some type of screen or wall to project presentations onto, or must be provide that as well?

Thanks,

There will be a wall at least. I believe there was a screen when we presented.
    -David Y

LOBOMotorsports '03-'05

In the past they have provided a screen, an overhead projector, a TV, and a VCR. Seems silly that with 120 or so teams they wouldn't provide a computer and projector but they don't.
    Sam Zimmerman

Vandals Racing alum

Hah! I was wrong. I just watched the video of our Presentation and we were projecting on a blank wall.
    -David Y

LOBOMotorsports '03-'05

+ Reply to Thread