+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reasearch and development....yeah....we'll call it that.

This thread is intended for fun ideas to be presented and carried out just for the fun of it/to mess around when you're hangin out with your friends. If anyone capable of getting you in trouble (aka po po) asks, just say you're conducting research and development.

I'll put the first one up. I'd do this if I still had the 'rolla. Get in an automatic beater, find a hill, and with the car off, but the key in the on position, and the tranny in neutral, start rolling down the hill. See at what speed you can inertailly start the car by shifting it into drive.

That's the R&D part, now here's the fun part.

Do the same thing, but this time pop it in reverse and see how the engine likes cramming air from the tailpipe into the intake manifold with the throttle closed. If it doesn't blow it right off the engine, you could probably get a lot of engine braking controlled by the throttle. Hell, do this last part with a stick shift if you want!

Have fun and post the results!

*Video tape if possible!
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

This thread is intended for fun ideas to be presented and carried out just for the fun of it/to mess around when you're hangin out with your friends. If anyone capable of getting you in trouble (aka po po) asks, just say you're conducting research and development.

I'll put the first one up. I'd do this if I still had the 'rolla. Get in an automatic beater, find a hill, and with the car off, but the key in the on position, and the tranny in neutral, start rolling down the hill. See at what speed you can inertailly start the car by shifting it into drive.

That's the R&D part, now here's the fun part.

Do the same thing, but this time pop it in reverse and see how the engine likes cramming air from the tailpipe into the intake manifold with the throttle closed. If it doesn't blow it right off the engine, you could probably get a lot of engine braking controlled by the throttle. Hell, do this last part with a stick shift if you want!

Have fun and post the results!

*Video tape if possible!
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

i did that once on the slope , must say was fun.
    Hiren G Patel

FS – Orion Combustion (Founder Member)
    -------Prototype '06
    -------Powertrain Lead '06 '07 '08 '09
    -------Composites guy '10
    -------Technical Director '10
    -------Technial Advisor/Mentor '12

Find the minimum alcohol content for which a shot will light on fire reliably. I had supposed for a long time that it was 100 proof, as Rumpleminze had worked well for me but some friends had trouble with 99 bananas (or one of those 99 ___ liquors). But then someone had told me they did it with plain ol vodka..

As a side note, no one ever told me you were supposed to blow out the shot before you drank it.. but it never caused me any harm.
    Colorado FSAE | '05 - '07
    Goodyear Tire & Rubber | '07 - '11
    NASCAR Engineer | '11 - ??

Sure, but what about your friend?
    mmm, toasty
    lol! yes!
    CFS13 - Drivetrain

DAAAANG
    Absolute, is that you in those videos????
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

I'd imagine you'd have to be moving pretty fast to pump air backwards through the motor...stator vanes don't work that well backwards.
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread