+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does any one know the...

We experimented alot with this engine in a turbocharged version for 2009 before the economical crisis forced Yamaha to quit the project. Please contact an alumni teamate for more info
    Last edited by DART-CG; 05-19-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Ey guys!! I'm working on the transition from the AEM to a Microsquirt for ECU. What do you use like ECU. I cannot get any RPM from the Microsquirt. If you can go take a look at the microsquirt.info forum it is in Ignition Setup, Tuning, and troubleshooting topic. The subject's called FSAE || YAMAHA PHAZER 2007 NO RPM READING to what I've done already. Please fast answer will be really appreciate.

Originally posted by Dan Westerwick:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Cook:
    I guess everyone knows our master plan now Dan
    Nah, only part of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see you guys hittin up the phazer forums

Go Ape tho... much better engine!

Come on...we all know the ape is the self destructive step brother of the phazer..who wants that.

We do!

It's a pretty good engine if you treat her well. It also has a transmission inside of it, which is handy.

About that transmission part....
    ----
    Mike Cook
    It's an engineering competition, not an over-engineering competition!

you could put a supercharger on the driveshaft in between your engine and unorthodox transmission/diff.

Or a pinwheel!
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

Could always do like our Baja team did a couple years ago and run a "divorced" Harley transmission. Although that did live longer than the riding mower "transmission" they were originally going to use. Actually it was such overkill they ran it probably 20+ hours without any oil in it, then discovered the problem when they decided it might be a good idea to change the oil.
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

Naw, that's how Harley runs them too. Haven't you ever seen the area around a Harley before?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast