+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does any one know the...

Hi,

Does any one know what is the weight of the Yamaha Phazer engine and the weight of the CVT that comes with that engine please???

Thanks

Assuming you mean the Yamaha Fazer engine, I believe it is effectively a de-tuned Yamaha R6. If it is a 2005 model, off the top of my head ours weighed about 63kg dry. Google may be able to give a better estimate - ours was without intake or exhaust.

Not sure what you mean by the CVT, this engine's gearbox is very much discrete...
    Mind the rad!
    Full Blue Racing Alumnus, Cambridge, UK

The Phazer is a 500cc inline twin, oddfire snowmobile engine. Your best bet is to call a Yamaha dealer and speak to parts and service there. I was given a number of about 80 pounds for the engine and primary clutch, but I wasnt able to verify this by actually weighing one and the guy was going by his calibrated arm.
    Chris Noll
    UB Motorsports Formula SAE: RIP 1987-2010

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."- Jeremy Clarkson

Yeah, Yamaha's naming system is whack. Must mind your Ph's and F's. They also make 2 different Warriors: one is a quad, the other is a sport-cruiser.
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

Our block and head (dry) was 69 lb when we weighed it.

The guys at WPI switched to a Phazer the year after I graduated - I belive they said it was right in the 80lb range as well.
    WPI Formula SAE team

I guess everyone knows our master plan now Dan

Originally posted by Mike Cook:
    I guess everyone knows our master plan now Dan
    Nah, only part of it.

FORCED INDUCTION!!!

WOOST WOOST WOOST!!! (blow off valves are scientifically proven to add 10hp)
    Curtin Motorsport Team 07-08
    http://motorsport.curtin.edu.au/

Yeah, Yamaha's naming system is whack. Must mind your Ph's and F's
    +1 :-)
    Mind the rad!
    Full Blue Racing Alumnus, Cambridge, UK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast