+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: genesis 80fi injector deadtime

hi, i am the engine guy this year. we tune our engine with an AEM ems-4 and we just found in the wizard that the last year guy put honda civic injector for deadtime table (injector pulse vs battery voltage table). we try to contact the manucfacturer of the injector ( Denso) with no answer.
    I also search a lot on the web to find some data but no results.

Does a team has been able to find some data for the stock injectors?

Kevfort
    Formula Sae UQAC

What are the genesis injectors? I imagine they will have very similar latencies (that's what we call it down here).

Are you having trouble getting the engine to run, or have you not gotten past just setting up parameters?

You might look for threads on the www.msefi.com website. It's for Megasquirt, but has TONS of threads on specs for different off the shelf parts that people use for EFI swaps. I know I have seen injector latency tables on there, mostly for Bosch injectors, but probably also for Siemens and Denso injectors. Also lots of info on temp sensor ranges, throttle body sizes, stuff like that.

It's a handy resource if you're new to the engine tuning game.

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

The injectors are Hight impedance (12.3-12.4 ohms), 240 or 260cc

We have the engine running at idle. We had tune the idle properly. The engine was starting like a charm. But the next day, when we try to start it, it just dont want a start anymore.

So we decide to return to the base, and make sure all the parameters are good. It's at this time we find that the last year guy put strange setting. And the two last year..the engine was running like an old grand-ma....

Thanks a lot for the msefi forum. It looks like it have a tons of informations.

Formula Sae UQAC
    Send the injectors to a cleaning company, they can usually do a lactancy test too.

Originally posted by Cardriverx:
    .... they can usually do a lactancy test too.

???

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

What is the P/N of the injector? We may have flowed these for dead times in the past.
    Brian Lewis
    Performance Electronics, Ltd.
    www.pe-ltd.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Perf.Elec.Ltd
    Engine Management Systems

these are DENSO
    it have two number on the injectors

6EGJF

the other side

0990 62518

Thanks a lot

Sorry. I don't have those.
    Brian Lewis
    Performance Electronics, Ltd.
    www.pe-ltd.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Perf.Elec.Ltd
    Engine Management Systems

thanks to had verify,

is it easy to mesure this deadtime?
    like you all know, time is important and i don't want a lose this time if i'm able to have the data from the company but it's already does a week i'm waiting for this.

I just received the answer of Denso,
    They told me they are prohibited to give me this kind of informations as they developped these injectors with the manucfacturer...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast