+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baltic Open 2010

This year we are organising the Baltic Open 2010, the funniest FS competition in the world, and would like to see everyone intrested to take part.

For more information please see our invitation:
    http://www.formulastudent.ee/balticopen

Kristjan Maruste
    FS Team Tallinn
    kristjan@formulastudent.ee

This year we are organising the Baltic Open 2010, the funniest FS competition in the world, and would like to see everyone intrested to take part.

For more information please see our invitation:
    http://www.formulastudent.ee/balticopen

Kristjan Maruste
    FS Team Tallinn
    kristjan@formulastudent.ee

Hi,

what about electric vehicles, can they compete at Baltic Open?

Regards,
    Thomas

PS: What was the laptime with the skis?

Oaw !

To be honest haven´t thought about that !

It would definetly be very intresting, to see electric as well. I´m just afraid that they might be much quicker than gasoline and outshine the rest

Will put that into our next meeting and let you know in Thursday about the developments !

Thanks a lot for that great idea!

Kristjan

Electric cars would be nice.

We are most likely coming with at least one car. The number of cars will most likely be limited by the number of drivers we can find. I guess last year’s BO team was as small as it can be four drivers and two cars.

I hope we can get the first car fixed until then. The rear caliper is not in good condition after the small brake pad fire in the driver change last time. It would be nice to have that car finish endurance with the brakes intact for once (five finishes out of five starts, none of them with any rear brakes). Does anybody have any pics of our driver change from last year with the big flames coming from the rear brake?
    Jon Myhr Wahlen
    Suspension lead
    KTH Racing 2011-12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    We are most likely coming with at least one car. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you have decided please feel free to register at http://www.formulastudent.ee/balticopen/registration

That makes planning a lot easier Thanks !

Be careful about accepting electric or hybrid vehicles. The tech inspection and safety requirements for these vehicles present some unique challenges. The people at Formula Hybrid in the US and at Formula Student in the UK for Class 1A, have been very careful with their rules, and they also make sure they have the right technical people and equipment on hand at the event. Before you accept them, think very hard. Messing around with 200-400 volts can be nasty.

I checked the site and its still accepting registration? Im quite new about this.. Is this a continuous "session"? i wanted to join! ..

+ Reply to Thread