+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need

Originally posted by EdwardWilders:
    Hi guys, I am not actually involved in formula student but my final year project is based on a FSAE-style car. I was hoping to get a chassis model from a member of the university Formula Student staff but they have been worse than useless so I am really desperate to have some kind of model to base my project on. Let me be clear about this, I am NOT trying to rip off any design. This is not going to be a car that will actually get built or raced, I don't mind if the model is a few years old. Please, if you can help, then do so.

Thanks,

Edd.
    I'd be inclined to go ahead and tell everyone what exactly you want it for before someone just hands it out...

Edd,

. Write down in this forum what YOU think a chassis should be. Make the first step and I am sure people will come with some useful comments and recommendations.

2. Is it necessary to mention that your team members are "worse than useless" and that you are "really desperate" Who is a winner with this kind of thought?
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

Originally posted by Kealan O Carroll:
    I'd be inclined to go ahead and tell everyone what exactly you want it for before someone just hands it out...
    I need it for my final year project. I just need a basic car design so I can adapt it aerodynamically.

Originally posted by Claude Rouelle:
    Edd,

. Write down in this forum what YOU think a chassis should be. Make the first step and I am sure people will come with some useful comments and recommendations.
    Well I will have to resort to creating my own design if no-one else has one I can use. I don't really have a problem with that, it's just more work.

2. Is it necessary to mention that your team members are "worse than useless" and that you are "really desperate" Who is a winner with this kind of thought?
    Mate, I have always been a loser, and always will be. I'm not really here to make friends.

Honestly, you won't get much help with your attitude. FSAE is a professional competition. If you worked for GM, do you think you could ask for and receive CAD for the Corvette C7 chassis? Students put weeks of work in designing such chassis, and likely wouldn't want to share such design with someone who isn't involved with the team. If the chassis itself isn't too important, since you aren't using this for any frame analysis, I'd guess you can build one pretty simply yourself. Look around for what the average wheelbase and track widths are for an FSAE car. Look at pictures to get an idea for typical frame designs. Connect the dots, and use your statics knowledge to build a simple chassis that works. It may not be the stiffest or strongest frame, but if you're only using it for aerodynamic packaging, does that really matter? If it's for a senior design project, shouldn't you be doing all the work yourself?
    Adam
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Kettering University, it's students and administrators, or our sponsors.

Originally posted by acedeuce802:
    Honestly, you won't get much help with your attitude. FSAE is a professional competition. If you worked for GM, do you think you could ask for and receive CAD for the Corvette C7 chassis? Students put weeks of work in designing such chassis, and likely wouldn't want to share such design with someone who isn't involved with the team. If the chassis itself isn't too important, since you aren't using this for any frame analysis, I'd guess you can build one pretty simply yourself. Look around for what the average wheelbase and track widths are for an FSAE car. Look at pictures to get an idea for typical frame designs. Connect the dots, and use your statics knowledge to build a simple chassis that works. It may not be the stiffest or strongest frame, but if you're only using it for aerodynamic packaging, does that really matter? If it's for a senior design project, shouldn't you be doing all the work yourself?
    I already said I am not bothered if it is a few years ago. I understand that people are not really into sharing their most up-to-date design secrets with random forum members. I am not naive mate. Yep, it looks like I am not going to get much help off this place either, so I will have to design this shit myself. Thanks for your (non)help.

Edd,

Thanks for your (non)help.
    Get a life!
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

Classy! made me chuckle tonight!

Cheers
    Regards
    Jon

Originally posted by Claude Rouelle:
    Edd,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks for your (non)help.
    Get a life! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Way to make me laugh out loud while at work!
    Adam
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Kettering University, it's students and administrators, or our sponsors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast