+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pit girls.....yey or ney?

Has anyone brought or no of teams who have brought pit girls to fsae or formula student or siilar?

the pro's (aside from staring) would be team and sponsor publicity, however could it be frowned upon due to the educational nature of the competitions?

what do you guys think?

Has anyone brought or no of teams who have brought pit girls to fsae or formula student or siilar?

the pro's (aside from staring) would be team and sponsor publicity, however could it be frowned upon due to the educational nature of the competitions?

what do you guys think?

I would have to disagree with that, but my opinion is highly biased on the "women are greatly objectified" stand point. I'm sure in the end you can do what you want.

University of Alaska Anchorage

There isn't time at competition for pit girls, in my experience. Got events to do, always wind up having stuff to fix on the car, and in my spare time I like checking out the ins and outs of other cars. Rather not be.. distracted haha. I leave that for the nights after.
    Colorado FSAE | '05 - '07
    Goodyear Tire & Rubber | '07 - '11
    NASCAR Engineer | '11 - ??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lysistrata's right:
    I would have to disagree with that, but my opinion is highly biased on the "women are greatly objectified" stand point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to agree, but now I've realized, if that's what the pit girls want to do, I must repect that.
    mmmm..... Garlic.

I appreciate them, especially in a compeition that is at best 1/20th women....some eye candy never hurt anyone.
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drivetrainUW-Platt:
    I appreciate them, especially in a compeition that is at best 1/20th women....some eye candy never hurt anyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    amen to that...
    Micah McMahan
    Red Bull Powertrains Performance Design Team Leader
    3MI Racing LLC Owner/Engineer
    Former MSI Defense Solutions - Sr. Design Engineer/Project Manager
    Former Roush Yates Engines - Sr. Design & Analysis Engineer
    ODU FSAE 04 member, 05 controls leader, 06 control/ergo/brakes leader, 07 brakes/MC22 turbo engine/Asst Team Leader

i would have have to say no, that would look unprofessional on your part. Save it for the after party.

i'd have to say no.. we tried bringing girls that weren't really on the team in 03 and all they did was b1tch about being bored and cold... fun to look at but not worth it.
    University of Oklahoma alum
    Sooner Racing team...sae.ou.edu
    " I see no point in being the richest man in the cemetery."
    "Bail!! Bail!!"

I know that last year, we were right next to Michigan State, and a lot of either the team's girlfriends or family showed up... and I was distracted, hahaha BUT, i must say it was nice to have some pretty girls to look at when you are surrounded by engineers for a week straight....
    University of Cincinnati
    Bearcat Motorsports
    Graduate Student, Auto Design Advisor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast