+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Test driving team for foreigners made debut in China

Four foreigners, who live in Xi’an, Shaanxi Province, had their first chance to test drive domestic cars last Sunday, August 30. It was the first test driving team that was made up of foreigners living in China.

The four foreigners, invited by Globlal Times, are experienced drivers but they never drove in China. They had a spin in the Dongfeng Fengshen S30 sedan, along with six other Chinese test drivers.

“As more and more foreigners join the test driving team, Chinese automobile independent brands can be promoted to the world” Shi Ding said, the Executive Editor-in-Chief of the Global Times.

“Foreigners can give some good suggestions based on their experience and foreign standards after testing Fengshen S30. These suggestions may lead Chinese auto industries to global stage.”

Foriegners are not permited to drive in China with their foreign driving licenses. The Global Times organizes the test drive team for foreigners living in China and will offer opportunities to foreigners for their first drive in China.

The Fengshen S30, manufactured by Dongfeng Motor Corporation, one of the biggest automakers in China, targets the A-class car market with an engine displacement of 1.6 liters and sells for around 75,800 RMB.

Four foreigners, who live in Xi’an, Shaanxi Province, had their first chance to test drive domestic cars last Sunday, August 30. It was the first test driving team that was made up of foreigners living in China.

The four foreigners, invited by Globlal Times, are experienced drivers but they never drove in China. They had a spin in the Dongfeng Fengshen S30 sedan, along with six other Chinese test drivers.

“As more and more foreigners join the test driving team, Chinese automobile independent brands can be promoted to the world” Shi Ding said, the Executive Editor-in-Chief of the Global Times.

“Foreigners can give some good suggestions based on their experience and foreign standards after testing Fengshen S30. These suggestions may lead Chinese auto industries to global stage.”

Foriegners are not permited to drive in China with their foreign driving licenses. The Global Times organizes the test drive team for foreigners living in China and will offer opportunities to foreigners for their first drive in China.

The Fengshen S30, manufactured by Dongfeng Motor Corporation, one of the biggest automakers in China, targets the A-class car market with an engine displacement of 1.6 liters and sells for around 75,800 RMB.

Such a small team, only four foreigners.

If they can organize the test drive in America, there would more people take part in it.

WTF? I never heard the word "foreigner" that often in such a small text

this test driving is meaningless , because foreigners are not permitted to drive in china .They haven't permitted driving licence ,even they have international licence .
    so it just a platform for less foreigners. This is a great chance to advertise homemade auto.

Great post

At the start, I thought it was going to be a joke.

Alas, I was wrong.

growing up in china myself i have to agree with fang regarding the advertising bit...associating 'foreigners' with products inludes to quality and people will buy it even if it's not so good..

but then again..things could have changed in the last 14years that i've been away

I thought this was the start of a joke....

But found that it was a nothing more that a press release. spam.......
    ~Grizzlies Racing

Kissing the trophy queen will get you far fewer youtube hits, then being upside down and on fire.... just say'n.

+ Reply to Thread