+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (UK) sisters doin' it for themselves -come and visit the best

Hi,

As a UK University, having been out on a UK trade mission, organised by the MIA (Motorsport Industry Association) to North Carolina and Indianapolis, (and having visited many universities and colleges involved in motorsport over the 10-day period of this), coupled to our exhibiting at PRI last December in Orlando, there seems massive scope for (and huge interest in) a number of initiatives, as follows:

short (circa 10-day) US (and other international) student/academic motorsport exchange programme with the UK,

short (circa 10-day) US (and other international) student/academic motorsport exchange programme from the UK

1-year(?) internships for international students/academics, to provide international cross-fertilisation of ideas and exchange of best practice

We're hoping to develop long-term strategic relationships along the lines of the aforementioned, and would welcome comments as to the desirability/applicability of such initiatives.

Please email any comments/thoughts/insights/criticisms to me at:

mmeechan@brookes.ac.uk

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

As a UK University, having been out on a UK trade mission, organised by the MIA (Motorsport Industry Association) to North Carolina and Indianapolis, (and having visited many universities and colleges involved in motorsport over the 10-day period of this), coupled to our exhibiting at PRI last December in Orlando, there seems massive scope for (and huge interest in) a number of initiatives, as follows:

short (circa 10-day) US (and other international) student/academic motorsport exchange programme with the UK,

short (circa 10-day) US (and other international) student/academic motorsport exchange programme from the UK

1-year(?) internships for international students/academics, to provide international cross-fertilisation of ideas and exchange of best practice

We're hoping to develop long-term strategic relationships along the lines of the aforementioned, and would welcome comments as to the desirability/applicability of such initiatives.

Please email any comments/thoughts/insights/criticisms to me at:

mmeechan@brookes.ac.uk

Thanks

Mike

What would be the requirements for such an exchange?

Cost associated with the program?

I for one would be more than interested in doing an exchange and seeing how the development process differs from that here in the United States. Integration of different engineering techniques and ideas to a student curriculum would be amazing, and beneficial to the future of the automotive industry. I'd certainly like to see a more evolved approach in Americas cointinuing auto development. It would be nice to have Top Gear review an American car and not spout off the quips they're known for. With us being the future of the automotive industry, this could help in that situation.

If this could eventually evolve into a more "study abroad" based idea, with stops in the major auto producing nations (Japan comes to mind), I doubt there would be any shortage of people willing to participate.
    Stan Weed
    UNH Precision Racing
    '05,'06
    Electronics Team Captain
    Engine Team
    General Smart Ass

i second that. where do i sign up?
    B. Bell
    UNH Precision Racing
    www.unh.edu/fsae

+ Reply to Thread