+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Automotive jobs in Australia

Hi all,

Really my name should read "JR no longer @ JLR" and I'm sure I don't need to explain that one! I am now living in Melbourne on a working holiday visa and searching for work in anything related to the auto industry. Anything up to a 6 month contract would be fantastic (I can't work longer without sponsorship). I worked in the advanced powertrain research team on combustion and aftertreatment projects, but can turn my hand to a lot of things and even have 3 years Catia CAD experience as well. If you have anything or don't have anything but know of companies I should be contacting, please drop me a PM on here or email me direct on jonnie _ rice "at" hotmail dot com

Cheers,

JR

Hi all,

Really my name should read "JR no longer @ JLR" and I'm sure I don't need to explain that one! I am now living in Melbourne on a working holiday visa and searching for work in anything related to the auto industry. Anything up to a 6 month contract would be fantastic (I can't work longer without sponsorship). I worked in the advanced powertrain research team on combustion and aftertreatment projects, but can turn my hand to a lot of things and even have 3 years Catia CAD experience as well. If you have anything or don't have anything but know of companies I should be contacting, please drop me a PM on here or email me direct on jonnie _ rice "at" hotmail dot com

Cheers,

JR
    Everthing you want is just outside your comfort zone!

ford are looking for experienced people. not fresh graduates. try mycareer.com.au

from memory there are a vehicle dynamics position and a noise and vibration position. recruiting through bayside recruiting.

Cheers for the info Mark
    Everthing you want is just outside your comfort zone!

G'day JR

Your CATIA experience could get you in at Ford or Holden. Also some of the V8 suprcar teams use it. I can't name them off the top of my head though. Harrop Engineering would be a cool place to work for too. They supply a lot of parts to the V8 teams as well as performance road parts.

There is also EDAG, BAE systems, Marand and Boeing Aerostructures, They are more aerospace though but they o some pretty sexy engineering. I don't know for sure if they run CATIA though.

The australian automotive industry is unfortunately contracting as fast as the UK economy. Try searching for companies which have been given an aussie government 'climate ready grant' or have applied for the 'Green car innovation fund' as these types of funding are the things keeping the aussie car industry alive.

Tim

+ Reply to Thread