+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FSAE.COM chat room???

Hey,
    Anyone else wondering why there is no chat room on here? Forums are nice, but instant responses and being able to talk to ppl is always welcome. It's great meeting people on here, hopefully at Detroit 2005 I will be able to see them. Anyways, like to hear your opinions on the chat and if someone knows who "runs" this website, pass the idea on to them!
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

Hey,
    Anyone else wondering why there is no chat room on here? Forums are nice, but instant responses and being able to talk to ppl is always welcome. It's great meeting people on here, hopefully at Detroit 2005 I will be able to see them. Anyways, like to hear your opinions on the chat and if someone knows who "runs" this website, pass the idea on to them!
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

That would be an awesome idea. A chatroom would be really nice for all the FSAE members to interact with one another instantly. Maybe that will help to build better relationship between teams around the world.

Jimmy

OU FSAE Sooner Racing Team
    04-05 Secretary and Brake Team Member

I'm agree with you guys. It would be great
    Oliver M. Sánchez R.
    Equipo F-SAE USB
    Universidad Simón BolÃ*var
    VENEZUELA
    http://www.formulasae.grupos.usb.ve

I would waste too much time there... Although they say misery loves company, I'm sure the night before cost is due the room will be full.

Brent
    University of Calgary
    2001-2004

just out of curiousity, who started this site, was it one school that got an idea and got the domain??? the forums are really infromative, but would like to still see a chat and maybe some more updates to the actual picture section, same picts since the first time i came on here.
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Some guys from Georgia Tech manage the site. Unfortunately I've been in this so long I remember them.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

I have to disagree about the chatroom thing. Seems to me like chatrooms are usually for bored people making idle conversation to waste time. This board has some pretty good technical posts, but it usually takes a day or two for the relatively limited number of people on the board to respond, with a chat room the question would probably just go unanswered. The good posts then get carried on for long lengths of time, I don't think you'd see that with a chat room either.

And you can search the archives of the board, I do that a lot.

Also with people from Austrailia, Europe, America, etc... time zones would be an issue.

my $.02 i'm kinda new around here though...
    Michigan Technological University Formula SAE Alumni

+ Reply to Thread