+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationals 2006

Oklahoma is looking foreword to its first nationals. I just hope we can get our administration to let us take the car for the week.
    University of Oklahoma alum
    Sooner Racing team...sae.ou.edu
    " I see no point in being the richest man in the cemetery."
    "Bail!! Bail!!"

UTA is planning to attend with two cars, 4 drivers, F05 and F06. And yes, Erick Kohler is hoping to attend.

OU, let me know if your administration doesn't want to let you go and I will help encourage them. It will be great to have you there.

-Dr. Bob Woods, UTA

As much as maryland would like to come I don't think we can afford it (time wise and money). Wish we could though, it is a lot of fun!
    ----
    Mike Cook
    It's an engineering competition, not an over-engineering competition!

Where can we find the SCCA's rulebook on FSAE class? I've been looking for a while and I can't find it anywhere
    Erich Ohlde
    Jayhawk Motorsports
    FSAE 04 - 09

All electrical components and wiring harnesses depend on proper circuit functioning, which is the transmission of charged ions by retention of the visible spectral manifestation known as "smoke". Smo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jayhawk_electrical:
    Where can we find the SCCA's rulebook on FSAE class? I've been looking for a while and I can't find it anywhere </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erich I will try and find the rule book for you. I should have it at the event Sunday

SCCA rulebook http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/Fil...solo_rules.pdf

pretty certain the rulebook reads that the cars have to have met the rules for the year it competed or the current year. Not that it matters unless you plan on pissing off the competition

edit: it may be a supplemental class and not in the rulebook... it doesn't matter so long as you aren't trying to run an a-mod car

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dr. Bob Woods:
    UTA is planning to attend with two cars, 4 drivers, F05 and F06. And yes, Erick Kohler is hoping to attend.

OU, let me know if your administration doesn't want to let you go and I will help encourage them. It will be great to have you there.

-Dr. Bob Woods, UTA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, Dr. Bob. i'll keep that card up my sleeve.
    University of Oklahoma alum
    Sooner Racing team...sae.ou.edu
    " I see no point in being the richest man in the cemetery."
    "Bail!! Bail!!"

The rules in the SCCA Solo Rules Book are wrong. Last year they started out ok, but then rules from F125 got inserted. This year, they have gone back to the orignial rules before we got our own class. I think they are aware of what the rules should be. I have talked to them and will do so again. Here is what the rules are supposed to say:

Formula SAE

Cars that are in compliance with the rules of the collegiate Formula SAE national engineering competition. To be eligible for SCCA, the car must have been an official entry in the FSAE competition any year since 1985 and met the rules of that year. The car must meet the recent restrictor rules (20 mm for gasoline, 19 mm for E85, or 18 mm for M85). The car must meet the current aerodynamic rules (powered ground effects are not allowed).

I'll be there in E stock for both the ProSolo Finale and Solo2 Nationals.

Awww Neil, I am hurt (not really) . Besides, I am not elligible for the Dr. Bob Woods Cup. It's definitely up for grabs.

We are going to be on the new super smooth asphalt this year, right? Any of the Kansas or UMR guys driven on it yet????
    - Erick

FSAE ('99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04 '05 pit stop '07)
    FSAE Australasia '00
    FSAE Japan '04

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast