+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FSAE-A Endurance Rules?

I'm sure anyone that was on this forum last year remembers there was some discussion about how the FSAE-A endurance race was scored.

For this reason I was curious to see if the rules for 2004 were clarified, or changed. The 2004 FSAE-A addendum simply says
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Endurance Scoring Formula
    To be confirmed. SAE-A will advise further details when
    available. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I assume that with the event approaching this has been clarified to teams, probably via email.

So just to satisfy my curiousity does anyone know how the event will be scored this year?

Thanks
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

I'm sure anyone that was on this forum last year remembers there was some discussion about how the FSAE-A endurance race was scored.

For this reason I was curious to see if the rules for 2004 were clarified, or changed. The 2004 FSAE-A addendum simply says
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Endurance Scoring Formula
    To be confirmed. SAE-A will advise further details when
    available. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I assume that with the event approaching this has been clarified to teams, probably via email.

So just to satisfy my curiousity does anyone know how the event will be scored this year?

Thanks
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

Charlie,I think you would agree that fsae is a time based competion like rally,motorkana, not first past the post.
    Last years scoring was possibly an innocent mistake.
    The enduro is the most important event and
    hopefully this year all enduro times (1&2) will be collated and points will be allocated more fairly. (And there will be only 1 winner!)

Thought you would have been over it by now.

last years scoring is the way it's been for 4 years, i believe

here's the addemndum

http://www.sae-a.com.au/fsae/downloa...n_Addendum.pdf

The rules were always clear that there should be only one winning time but unfortunately there was a mistake in the spreadsheet that was only picked up after last years competition. SAE have sought to clarify this with the addendum and the 2005 rules.

http://www.sae.org/students/fsaerules.pdf

I apologize, I did not think to look at the 2005 FSAE rules for any information about two endurance heats. I just saw the FSAE-A addendum which did not address the issue.

I'm not trying to dig up any old arguements. I have nothing against anyone affiliated with FSAE-A, they did a great job and continue to do so. I really wish we were there this year!

Thanks
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

+ Reply to Thread