+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula Australasia 2006 Competition:- Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More

some results are really incredible. how
    can the uwa car be better in cost than
    cars like tokyo,....? their car is very good,
    showed very good performance in endurance
    today, but its not the cheapest car io.

munich finished both enduro-heats. i saw the 2nd one, which looked very good. thanks to the organizers you get no times at all.so we ve to wait for the final results before we knows best in enduro. i think tufast, rmit, uwa and deakin
    are same very high level, followed by the midclass.

i posted some enduro pics on
    schuffy.wobistdujetzt.com

RMIT WINS!!!
    Congratulations to the entire team, protecting RMIT's hard won honour. Thats 3 major wins attained in 5 short years. WOW

Congrats to the RMIT team, another hard fought comp with a close result. Honourable mention to the UWAM lads and lasses, worthy design winners again and by the sounds of it, lightning fast on track. If they go international, look out..

Well done RMIT guys awesome job all year!

The unofficial results are.

1. RMIT 953
    2. UWA 917

It all came down to the endurance. RMIT must have done well enough in the first endurance 2 hold off uwa who suffered a spin in the 2nd session which lost them about 1-2 min. RMIT suffered a steering column failure in the second endurance only about 20 metres into the event. With the lower fuel economy of the single cylinder the rmit guys just hung on. Great competition though! some great cars. well done 2 all!!!

I've never seen two teams dominant a competition that much!

Hester informs me RMIT amassed 960 points total!!!

UWA were 40 points behind them.

Congratulations to both teams, absolutely deserved and I hope all goes well for the team members after their FSAE experience.

Particularly well done to Jacob Raynor and the team from RMIT.

Cheers
    Steve

Congrats RMIT!!

I heard RMIT came in at 951pts, with UWA around 40 points behind.

Awesome job to the whole team! Managing to raise the bar again was a bloody good effort, especially since with each competition the standard of quality of all team is growing astronomically. Also it is an amazing effort to get a 1st at Detroit, 2nd in California and 1st in Australia all in 2006!! Hopefully this means you'll be able to make the trip to the US in 2007 (and I'll be able to see R06 in action)

Thanks to Stu and Deano for the updates, looking forward to chatting with the rest of you soon.

Pat
    RMIT Racing Fan Club

Unofficial results

Overall
    RMIT 1st
    UWA 2nd
    UOW 3rd
    UNSW 4th

Enduro
    RMIT 1st
    UWA 2nd
    UNSW 3rd
    UOW 4th

Design
    UWA 1st

An interesting competition. A lot of evolutionary designs with most teams keeping similar overall concepts to previous years.

Newcastle hit the barrier in the practice track on Saturday but luckily nobody was hurt.

In the 1st enduro RMIT and UNSW put in strong runs with UWA having a diff oil leak at driver change and UOW having a suspension problem.

The 2nd heat was run at a fast pace with UWA's 1st driver spinning just after the pit area. They got going again but lost time due to the off track and cones down.

Tokyo and UWA were strong in the skid pan. The acceleration times were quick as a lot of cars seemed to line up quite a way back from the start line.

Congratulations to all the teams that entered and that made it through all the events.

Eddie Martin
    Team Sombrero (aka. UOW Racing Alumni)

Congratulations Jake and the RMIT team! I wish I could have been there to see it but I'll have a celebratory beer anyway.
    It's a well deserved victory against very tough competition.
    Well done
    RMIT Racing '04, '05

wow, sounds like it was a great competition, congrats to RMIT and UWA. Can't wait to see you guys in Detroit
    horay titanium

Some of this is due in part to their ability to adjust F&R roll centres, ( Clever adjustable upper inner susp. points on the tub).

Cheers Bryan H[/QUOTE]

Hey!! hello everyone and congratulations to all that participated in the event and all those who supported them!! We know it's a victory just to finish the car and get to the competition!!

I'm especialy happy to learn that the RMIT team has incorporated into their design a feature that has been at the heart of our suspension design for the POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF PUERTO RICO F-SAE cars since our first attempt ever in 2004! The ability to adjust front and rear roll centers! It is something that a lot of people has asked me before "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT" several times until they drive the car with one setup and then drive it with another setup by only adjusting the roll center!

It is something we haven't had the oportunity to actually quantify properly(only lap times and driver feedback) because of our lack of data logging equipment. Barely enough money to actually build the car!

Thanks and hope to hear from you and anyother team that has experimented with this setup!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast