+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula Australasia 2006 Competition:- Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More

Thanks for the update Geoff.

Should be a cracking day tommorrow. Good luck to all involved.

Anyone with pictures please post them.

Cheers
    Scott Sinclair
    UWA Motorsport 2003-2005

Some 2nd hand info from Rotor,
    RMIT did about 4.1 on drag strip. Hats off to Brad! UWA & RMIT did 48's in Autocross, next car was in the 50,s. The track is set up much tighter this year hence the slower times. Alistair said RMIT06 car is much easier to drive than 05, balance is very good. Some of this is due in part to their ability to adjust F&R roll centres, ( Clever adjustable upper inner susp. points on the tub).
    Mark said that the tight track didn't seem to suit the German car, ( and maybe a few others?)
    The Deakin single had some problem that stopped from running today, so no indication of it's potential yet.
    Total Lack of official results/updates just highlights how well run FSAE Germany was.

Cheers Bryan H

I'm really happy to say we did a 3.7 from a good start on the accel event - great work from Adam, Morgan and Graham working on the launch control with clutch =]

Also, it seems the autocross track is much tigher and twister this year from my perspective (the sideline).

As usual with aus events some interesting events unfolding, including the new design final with 4 members from each team - something fresh and new!

Can somebody list car weights? That would be really cool for us state-side to know what we have to compete against in a few months...

Matt

Design; UWA 1st RMIT 2nd

RMIT completed the first Enduro. UWA didn't, Differential oil leak caused them to be stopped by officials.

RMIT fractured a hub on the steering shaft in 2nd enduro. UWA finished but had a spin/off track that cost about 2 min.

TU car was fast with one of their drivers in it...

Deakin also seemed fast but had a wheel explode in first enduro and what seemed a pull-rod failure in the 2nd (Slid to a stop on it's tub)

Suprised that Wollongong was off the pace.

RMIT's fuel econ in 1st Enduro was good, so final tally is going to be close.

were you watching the endurance runs? we (UWA) completeted the first drivers leg in the first endurance run but were disqualified in the change over due to an oil leak from the diff. the second endurance run we spun on the 3rd lap but still managed to complete

the rmit car (awesome car) completed its first endurance run and didnt seem to have any problems, but on its second run it broke something in the steering on the straight on the first run and couldnt continue on. its going to be close no one has any idea who is going to win til the preso tonight. great comp its been neck and neck the whole way

Hello All,

Its been an incredible performancve by UWA and RMIT.

I know RMIT results are:
    Cost 1st
    Presentation 1st
    Acceleration 2nd
    Skid Pad 3rd
    Autocross 2nd

I think UWA's are:
    Cost 2nd
    Presentation ??
    Acceleartion 1st
    Skid Pad 2nd??
    Autocross 1st

Spoke with a couple of RMIT guys who said UWA were 15 points ahead of RMIT going into endurance. Going to be pretty close given fuel economy.

Good to all.

Cheers
    Steve

http://www.ttp.bizmail.com.au/sae2006/

i've done saturdays photos. sunday should be up soon.
    cheers

What happens with the Munich car in Endurance.
    Anybody knows their results?

Those fold-up chairs are a great place to mount a rear wing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast