+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How many shifts during Acceleration event?

just thought i'd add this to the conversation.
    '01-'06 Cal Poly Pomona

We've been using 1st 2nd 3rd, 13-52 final drive on a 99 r6, last 8 comp runs have been under 4 seconds.

1 shift launching in first while bouncing off the rev limiter for the last 15 feet or so...

3.976 at west

god i love that sweet summer sun...
    Terps Racing

1 shift worked pretty well
    Design Judge

We in Chalmers are using one shift in the acceleration event. Start in 2nd and hit the rev. limiter some meters behind the finish line. 2006 car finished 2nd in FSAE West with a slightly different gear ratio.

The Chalmers 2006 car uses 3 gears, we start on second or 3rd and finnish on 5th at 109 kpm. The movie is from baltic open 06, we use no shiftcut or anything.

At West 2007 we used shift cut, set to 0,045 sec i think. it went quite well, 3,925 sec. I think we started on second gear.

The Helsinki team used four or five gears in 06 i think, quite interesting since this theoreticaly is the correct way to go if you have a peaky powercurve.
    More is better

Out of curiosity, what does your final drive look like? You'd have to get some serious reduction to have gear speeds that look like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3