+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Western Michigan University Shootout

A Pro Solo format would be cool too. Tho not sure how to time it. Or if your lot is big enough.

If someone is willing to risk their car....a best driver competition using one car. Maybe qualifying times to weed it down to only a handful of people before we go to one car. Or a send your team's best driver.

Sounds like fun....how many cars can we bring? We might have 2 running.
    Jim
    Michigan - Dearborn

Oakland univ. is certainly interested. We could potentially have 2 or 3 cars if allowed. Why not just do a mock competetion? Same events as comp.... it would give us all good practice.

let us know more info: ousae@oakland.edu

Zach Savage
    OU FSAE

Mock dynamic competition, right? Teams can submit any cost or design reports to a circular file in the corner if they desire...

Anything would be fun, the more seat time the better. So depending on your capabilities, adding skidpad and accel runs would be nice too. It'd be nice to get a same day/track comparison to the other teams in hopefully dry weather.

The ProSolo mirrored autox idea sounds really cool.

Adam

Before we can talk about a format, we need to know some details about the facilities. How big of a lot are we going to use. How many days long will the event be held (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday or just a one day event.)

I would recommend allowing time for some testing (car setup maneuvers), some practice (autocross track single laps), and something competition (mini-enduro, autocross, or pro-solo). Depending on how much time is available we do testing on Friday, practice on Saturday, and a competition on Sunday. I'm stressing the testing and practice because those activities will be more productive for learning and exchanging knowledge and techniques between teams.

John Burford

Also, what surface quality will we be driving on. For example the LTU parking lot has oppunities for Dukes of Hazard type aerial manuevors. SCCA had one autocross in their lot were I've seen the LTU 2000 car with 6 inches of air under the tires.

Michigan State University is 'interested', If you could shoot me an email when all the details are worked out that would be great!

Jonathan Luckhardt 'Lucky'
    MSU Formula Racing Team
    Project Manager '06-'07

Actually guys, I think we should skip all the racing stuff. I think we should just to static events... I mean, thats why we build these cars right? My greatest thrill in life is to beg for cost points back and get rapped by design judges! =)

I like the idea of a Saturday/Sunday event. It will give everyone a chance to get their car over there and do a bit of last minute set-up/practice before we race on sunday.

Hello all,

We are working on the details of WMU FSAE shootout event. I have a couple of questions.
    1. Is labor day weekdend a bad weekend to run this event?
    2. How does this structure sound: Day one Arrive,Test, and Tune. Day two Acceleration and autocross event regulated by SCCA.

Any suggestions?
    SAE/FSAE President 05-06 Suspension Team Leader 06-07

I assume, in regards to the structure, that day one would involve an autox course run by the teams and day to would involve heading to an SCCA event? Just trying to clarify. Sounds like fun.
    Jim
    Michigan - Dearborn

It would be day one testing and tuning and day two the auto crossing event. That SCCA will assist us in running.
    SAE/FSAE President 05-06 Suspension Team Leader 06-07

Have to have a chat with the team, but Kettering is likely in.... maybe by then we will be turbo'd and dry sump'd
    "I couldn't find the sportscar of my dreams, so I built it myself" -Ferdinand Porsche

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast