+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PI Clubman Issue

Several years ago, our team bought a PI-xpress clubman data acquisition system. They never used it, and since our team is currently almost all sophomores, we were never given the lowdown on the system after the seniors all graduated. After many attempt I can not make the system record.
    I only have the wheel-speed, lap counter and the internal g-g meter hooked up. It seems as though it may have a setting that stops recording when rpm's fall too low, but the program will not let you change it.
    Does anyone have experience with this system that could point me in the right direction?
    -Rob Comer
    Clarkson Univ.
    FSAE Suspension
    Rob Comer
    Clarkson University FSAE suspension leader 07-08

Several years ago, our team bought a PI-xpress clubman data acquisition system. They never used it, and since our team is currently almost all sophomores, we were never given the lowdown on the system after the seniors all graduated. After many attempt I can not make the system record.
    I only have the wheel-speed, lap counter and the internal g-g meter hooked up. It seems as though it may have a setting that stops recording when rpm's fall too low, but the program will not let you change it.
    Does anyone have experience with this system that could point me in the right direction?
    -Rob Comer
    Clarkson Univ.
    FSAE Suspension
    Rob Comer

Rob,

What software interface are you using to communicate with the box? PI Server? Pi Workshop? Although I do not know your particular system, I have had some experience with Pi and may be able to help you out.
    Jason Stuffel
    -WARDJet.com
    -Zips Racing Alum 03-06

I am using Pi Delta Logger to configure and it came with Pi Club Expert Analysis. The logger program seems to work, I can make necessary changes and check the fuctionality of the sensors. But after I have collected data, the PI box itself will show it has a data set of ___seconds, but there isn't any data within it.
    -Rob Comer
    Rob Comer

it's been awhile since I've played with the Pi Clubman stuff...

in the Club Expert software click on setup in the toolbar and then you should be able to find the "Setup Logger" option. That should be where you can change all of the options. If not... I'm baffled.

Oh yeah, may need to "send setup to logger" also.
    "Man, I need to practice more!" - Kenny Wallace
    "Try not to have a good time... this is supposed to be educational." - Charles M Schulz
    -OptimumG 2005-2006
    -Turner Motorsports 2008-2009
    -Black Swan Racing 2010 & 2011 Team and Driver's Champions
    -HPD Race Engineer 2011-2014
    -Currently Freelance Data/Race Engineer

i know on the aim systems, the logger only starts recording once it gets a wheel speed signal, im not sure if the pi has a similar method but you might want to check to make sure your wheel speed sensor is recording properly and calibrated.

I checked the wheelspeed sensor on the monitoring section, it is functioning. But I don't have an rpm sensor arrangement. There seems to be a threshold rpm (2000) that you aparently aren't allowed to change even though it says you can in the manual. I don't know, looks like I'll have to spend another $250 bucks on a rpm sensor. It'd be nice if i could just use the signal off my hall cam sensor on the f4i, but that doesn't work either.
    Rob Comer

Stupid question...but have you called Pi or your local dealer. I dealt with them a few years ago and they were more than happy to help. You may also need to check whether or not there are any software updates you need to download.
    Everthing you want is just outside your comfort zone!

send a PM or email to Dancin Stu. He may be able to point you in the right direction
    ...we got emergency on planet earth

+ Reply to Thread