+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clutch Slip

hey guys,
    I am from Orion Racing India.
    We had our clutch plates burnt due to some over-reving due to which the clutch would not engage. We used the clutch plates of the old engine that we had but still due to some slip we did not get much power. The car hardly moved. We tried different combinations but still we could not get much power. Please enlighten us with new ideas.

hey guys,
    I am from Orion Racing India.
    We had our clutch plates burnt due to some over-reving due to which the clutch would not engage. We used the clutch plates of the old engine that we had but still due to some slip we did not get much power. The car hardly moved. We tried different combinations but still we could not get much power. Please enlighten us with new ideas.

Which Oil have used ?

I've met your Team at FSG 2008 and they used Oil for Car Engine, so the Wet Clutch won't work !

I've you have used an non JASO-MA Spec oil, you have to replace the Oil and the friction Plates.

is your clutch cable to tight?
    If every thing is under control you are going to slow.

~Mario

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teemee:
    Which Oil have used ?

I've met your Team at FSG 2008 and they used Oil for Car Engine, so the Wet Clutch won't work !

I've you have used an non JASO-MA Spec oil, you have to replace the Oil and the friction Plates. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't buy this argument I have only used mobile one in my race engines and never had a clutch issue.
    If every thing is under control you are going to slow.

~Mario

make sure your clutch has been assembled properly, and the cable is allowing full engagement. Even with used up plates, the car should still move, maybe not apply full power, but move.
    'engine and turbo guy'
    Cornell 02-03

As VFR said, one of the main problems is a clutch lever that doesn't allow the clutch to engage. With your clutch leaver in its released position, check that there is slight free play in the clutch cable. There shouldn't be any tension in it. Failing that, did you use an oil compatible with a wet clutch? Finally, might be something screwy in the engine itself, like missing plates or something.

hey guys
    thank you'll very much
    we will try these tips and see if they work.

+ Reply to Thread