+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: some problem of carbon fibre suspension

I am from China.our suspension is made of carbon fibre ,but when we connect carbon fibre pipes and aluminium alloy the connection point usually be destoyed.We need help!I need help from the team whose car's suspension is made of carbon fibre!
    My email:307947540@qq.com.cn
    speed emotion

I am from China.our suspension is made of carbon fibre ,but when we connect carbon fibre pipes and aluminium alloy the connection point usually be destoyed.We need help!I need help from the team whose car's suspension is made of carbon fibre!
    My email:307947540@qq.com.cn
    speed emotion

Sounds like improper bonding techniques....

I would suggest, post haste, the use of the search function kindly included in this forum.

And/or make a set out of steel

Photos of said destroyed joint?
    ---------------------------
    2006 QUT Motorsport - Manufacturing Manager
    2007 QUT Motorsport - Controversy Raiser
    2008 University of Waterloo Formula Motorsports - Exchange Student / Electrical Team Manager
    2009 The University of Adelaide Motorspo

Gary Savage wrote a paper in 2007 with the title:
    Failure prevention in bonded joints on primary load bearing structures. It is well worth a read.
    UNSW 2006-10

Do you use a hot bonded technique?
    Lorenzo Pessa

D-Team UniPisa (alumni of E-Team - Università di Pisa)
    FSG & FSAE-I 2009-2010

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kirby:
    Photos of said destroyed joint? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    photos is here ,the destroyed poit is too horrible to look at.ahh http://www.fsae-china.com/view....php?tid=1847&extra=
    speed emotion

Yes,right.I want to get some ifo about other teams used carbon carbon fibre suspension<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xeilos:
    Sounds like improper bonding techniques....

I would suggest, post haste, the use of the search function kindly included in this forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    speed emotion

sorry,I'm in China now,we can't find it here.would you email it to me.Thanks!my email address:woshigaolei0218@126.com.cn<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom W:
    Gary Savage wrote a paper in 2007 with the title:
    Failure prevention in bonded joints on primary load bearing structures. It is well worth a read. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    speed emotion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast