+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turbocharger

Hello,
    I'm looking for a small turbo for a side project. Would be going on a 250cc engine turning at 9000 rpm, drop me an email at duwem@uwplatt.edu if you have anything that might work.
    Thanks
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

Hello,
    I'm looking for a small turbo for a side project. Would be going on a 250cc engine turning at 9000 rpm, drop me an email at duwem@uwplatt.edu if you have anything that might work.
    Thanks
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

You want an aerocharger?

Sure, if the price is right.
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

after discussing my needs with some more ppl, i have come to the conculsion that the Garrett GT12 or GT15V would be about as ideal of a turbo as I will be able to find for my application, so if any teams have one there lookin to sell, please drop me an email, duwem@uwplatt.edu
    thanks
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Mike, I don't want to be a wet blanket but the Garrett GT12 and GT15V turbos which Honeywell donates to the FSAE teams are not to be sold or diverted for another use.

The GT12 is not currently sold on any car available in the US (this is rumored to change in 2005 or 06) but the GT15V is used on the VW 1.9 liter diesel (Jetta, New Bug, and the pickup) from around year 2000 so you should be able to find one of those.

Gerry,
    thanks for the information, the only finds I got on ebay for the gt 12 was in Australia, it was buy it now for $400 US. Is it in the contract that teams are not to sell parts from Garrett, because if they are not using used parts it sound like a good fundraser to get them off the shelves and make some money? I think that would go for any part from a sponsor. If Garrett specifies they can not be sold, I guess ill have to have one donated not sold to me
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Hey man, you wouldnt by chance be undertaking the project of a turbo charged two stroke, becasue that is what I am looking to do. I have found a couple of websites that will sell you a brand new Garrett GT12, I don't know what that other guy was talking about:

http://www.jgycustoms.com/turbos.htm

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=P...AR&Category_Code=TBO

There ya go, let me know on the twostroke side of things. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">duwem@uwplatt.edu </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+ Reply to Thread