+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Cayman S ABS failure or something else?

There's nothing i love more than hot babushka immigrants.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zac:
    Does anyone else think it's hilarious that the first person this goober ripped on for being a snot-nosed American is actually from Germany?

Also, if 10 grand is too much to drop on an abs system, why not try some of the low cost tips people have posted here first instead of getting your former soviet issue panties in a bunch? It's not like cheap temperature guns, fresh brake fluid, and taking a cool down lap are outlandish ideas or huge capital investments.

Of course, if you just want to throw money at the problem, if you give Drew and I the comparatively low sum of $5000 we will be glad to take care of all your brake pedal issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Why are you so aggressive in your judgment and so negative?
    I didn't say any where that I'm going to install the Bosch ABS.
    However even if I go this way it is my money and I can waste them on anything I like.
    If you are low in the money department it is your problem but I think that by the age of 58 you will be able to spend substantially more comparing what you could spend now.
    I'm thinking after reading literally hundreds of articles that I can solve the problem by turning off the PSM and thus unloading the ABS.
    I already have slotted disks, Padig black pads, titanium shims, GT3 air scoops.
    The brakes never let me down, it is just the unusual distance the pedal travels after at least of very hard driving with 30 min. brake in between which is not enough to cool down.
    But in Porsche forum is an article from a man who lost brakes completely at the Glen racing even. And safety is first, you will get it by age.
    Thanks everybody who tried to help me.
    Lev.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Macie:
    There's nothing i love more than hot babushka immigrants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There is nothing I like more then a future red neck engineer and his black president.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dende890:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Macie:
    There's nothing i love more than hot babushka immigrants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There is nothing I like more then a future red neck engineer and his black president. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Another one.
    Judging by your last name you are representing Polish immigration to the US.
    There is an old anecdote about Polaks.
    An Arab sees that a Polish guy is carrying a door from a car walking through a desert.
    He come and ask the polish guy:"Whay are you caring the door?"
    The Polish answers: "When it became very hot I can open the window."

Oh come on, don't let the discussion die! Concentrate on the hard facts... so let's go back to the 200 girls
    Michael Kissling
    Rennteam Uni Stuttgart
    Stuttgart, Germany

How's that been since you got to America? Get 200 more yet?

If you came to this site by mistake, you have problems navigating the internet, not web sites. The internet wasn't designed by young Americans. It was invented by Al Gore.

You may have laid 200 women, but I've gotten a higher score than you in Tetris. You know where that was invented? Russia.
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

Being pretty confident that I have nothing to post here that would be better than a majority of the other posts...I just wanted to say that this is the most entertaining thread I've found on here yet.

PROCEED w/ the anti-American, immigration and racial comments! I wonder what would happen if I type in "Cayman S ABS Failure" into google...I'm sure FSAE.com would NOT come up.
    Lawrence Tech University
    2009 Formula SAE
    Team Captain

(AKA The Dollar Nazi)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin Dunn:
    ....I wonder what would happen if I type in "Cayman S ABS Failure" into google...I'm sure FSAE.com would NOT come up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummmmm....... unfortunately it does now....

Best,
    Drew

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin Dunn:
    Being pretty confident that I have nothing to post here that would be better than a majority of the other posts...I just wanted to say that this is the most entertaining thread I've found on here yet.

PROCEED w/ the anti-American, immigration and racial comments! I wonder what would happen if I type in "Cayman S ABS Failure" into google...I'm sure FSAE.com would NOT come up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to discuss the racial matters with you young boys, because you might read something that will shock you and for a few intelligent minds could open a different horizon of the very important issue of the 21st century which could be the turning point of the evolution in whole - The Race.
    However, seeing that most of the readers upset on my initial letter and some comments not relative to the site, I would like to ask you, who are more familiar to the Web Net, to direct me to the more appropriate site.
    You know now how to do that - post the link.
    Thanks to everybody,
    Lev.

Try here first.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cayman+s+abs+failure

Then maybe try the link right below the one bringing you to this site, on the forums at the site called PORSCHE PLANET???

I will throw out once again that I don't think your problem is ABS related, try searching for racing brake related problems in general, there are lots of racing forums out there.

And one more, that I posted above as well, the tech articles from Stoptech. This one in particular happens to be written by my once again favorite, CARROLL SMITH. Woooo.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_i..._brakefluid_1a.shtml

Best,
    Drew

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast