+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Fantasy engine

Originally posted by Z:
    Now if I really wanted a fantastic engine, as I have fantasized in the past for my hyper-supercar, then I would go for something really RADICAL .....
    Me too... With the letter "C"

http://i49.tinypic.com/2r5qfdk.jpg
    Sorry for the late answer And yes, it is only a compilation of ideas, and not "complete" yet, still working on it.
    Jan Dressler
    07 - 09 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team
    09 - 10 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team Leader
    10 - 13 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: hanging around & annoying the team with random FSAE wisdom
    13 - ?? Gätmo Motorsport

Jan,

Care to add a few more details? (Impressive CAD nonetheless)

Thank you Not really that impressive, only basic CAD functions and quite a lot of time...

Details:

- V6
    - 2.4 l (bore 100 mm, stroke 50.9 mm)
    - 60°, 90°, 120° V-angle (several reasons:
    - shorter engine (about -50 mm compared to a V with one angle);
    - low CoG on one end, possibility of raising the floor (and creating a good cokebottle shaped bodywork) on the other end (when installed in mid-rear position. If installed in mid-front position the other way round, it is possible to create a raised nose in a modern Super 7-interpretation and so on).)
    - Rotary Valves (at 30° angle) ā la Bishop (search for the patents, and Horrock's "A Numerical Study of a Rotary Valve Internal Combustion Engine" (and Hunter's "Rotary Valve Engines"))
    - Valve drive with helical gears (the blue ones)
    - Built crankshaft (Hirth joints) with rolling-element bearings (main and conrod bearings), one piece conrods, 0° - 90° - 210° --> TDCs in 0° - 60° - 90° - 180° - 210° - 330°
    - Dry sump lubrication with centrifugal air-oil-separator, piston cooling

Features still to add:
    - Intake system (on the outside of the V)
    - exhaust system with 2 turbogenerators / 2 turbines working on one generator
    - 1 electric supercharger
    - hybrid assisted drivetrain

- the other parts of the car

But since this not an FSAE engine, this is quite off-topic...
    Jan Dressler
    07 - 09 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team
    09 - 10 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team Leader
    10 - 13 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: hanging around & annoying the team with random FSAE wisdom
    13 - ?? Gätmo Motorsport

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18