+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Street Legal FSAE?

Sweet, I wish I could find numbers on it though. It looks like its pretty narrow. I'm going to have to make a quick and dirty mockup to get the width right. Those rear seats are kind of what I was visualizing instead of actual racing seats too.
    Ryan M.

Well we're considering getting some cheap 16" rims and used all seasons for our 06 car... not sure about the street legality thing yet... big problem right now is the insurance part
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Stewart-Haas Racing, Kettering University, or their employees, students, administrators or sponsors.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AxelRipper:
    Well we're considering getting some cheap 16" rims and used all seasons for our 06 car... not sure about the street legality thing yet... big problem right now is the insurance part </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Axel, NO

There are no plans to put any other size tire on the 06' car. maybe some studded snows for "winter testing" but no 16's
    The views, opinions, and ideas expressed by AceDeuce802, AxelRipper, MCoach and MBirt are that of their own and in no way reflect those of Kettering FSAE or any of its parent affiliates or sponsors.

to set the record straight, I and some other team members had considered this for a period of time.

and for reasons outside of this thread, i am assuming that i will have a difficult time driving said winter testing car
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Stewart-Haas Racing, Kettering University, or their employees, students, administrators or sponsors.

Freaking hilarious HUB.
    I would proudly do the same.
    --Dash Robinson
    --Mississippi State University

Here's my latest video on my quasi street legal FSAE car. I recently moved from Texas to Florida so I haven't had time to mess with her much but hopefully it'll be on the streets in the springtime.

BTW, after a clutch adjustment and smaller front sprocket, this thing is quick. It weighed in at 804 lbs and even with the gixxer 600 it's plenty of power. I pretty much destroyed my boss's Lotus Elise in 0-70ish. With DOT slicks it should be even better, or just start breaking things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-86-xI66So

Just wanted to chime in and attest to the awesomeness of Auerbach's car. It's a great driver training car because bad things (like spins) happen much more slowly than an FSAE car, plus it's on street tires which don't hide driver errors as much as the R25B slicks do. I'm the driver in the around-the-neighborhood part starting @ ~1:35, and was grinning ear-to-ear the whole time. Check out the deer @ 2:14 on the lefthand side - only there for a couple frames.

Then a few short weeks later he moves to Florida and takes his car with him, crushing all my hopes and dreams...
    University of Texas 2002 & 2003
    University of Houston 2007

Yep, it's the real deal, I saw it at UTA last July (in fact, at 3:46 in the video there's 3 guys on course shaggin cones...I'm the "crazy lookin one" in the middle with the Hawaiian shirt and OD green pants)

Every time we take the car to an autocross all the regulars jokingly ask if they can get a ride-along. With the Bach roadster they can! And even just for that I think it would be good for teaching people the art of autocross.
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3