+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Filming Static Events

Does anyone know if we are allowed to video our design and cost presentations?
    OSU FSAE 05-06

Does anyone know if we are allowed to video our design and cost presentations?
    OSU FSAE 05-06

I've got a video that last year's team took at the deisgn presentation at Formula Student, so I imagine it must be allowed there.
    Simon
    Warwick Formula Student

We got video of all our static events last year. The Presentation event has the best video because it is in a small room. The sound quality is quite poor though because the judges and the presenters are at opposite ends of the room. One word of advice that I think Sam Zimmerman gave us was that you need to introduce everyone in the room before you start the Presentation event. If you don't introduce someone they can't contribute. So we introduced our camera operator too (my girlfriend).

Our video of the Design and Cost events is pretty worthless. There were too many things going on at once to get a good video. If you really want to capture it I think it would take several cameras (one per judge) and a dozen wireless microphones (you would need to get the judges and team members to wear the mics). Even though some of the video isn't very good it is valuable.
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

+ Reply to Thread