+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No more Wilwood Polymatrix "D" Compound?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTmule:
    I hope it was a joke, otherwise, get a life, guys. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd think so...

Claude asked this question in design semis in 2003 and mentioned it at his 2003 and 2004 FSAE seminars.

Denny, how do you determine what constitutes a brake system being stiff enough? It comes down to driver feel, so what you really need to do is test your driver!
    Aaron Johnston
    Waterloo FSAE '02-'06
    RCR #31 Team Engineer

I think there should be more concentration on fluids, too. A lot of people are running dot 5 and it's squishy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schumi_Jr:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTmule:
    I hope it was a joke, otherwise, get a life, guys. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You'd think so...

Claude asked this question in design semis in 2003 and mentioned it at his 2003 and 2004 FSAE seminars. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Just to reiterate: Claude as a judge during design semifinals asked the teams this question. For that matter I think he asked every teams that asked him to look at their car in the paddocks. Makes perfects sense now, but like many at the time, we were thinking "WTF?"
    -David Y

LOBOMotorsports '03-'05
    Stanford Formula for 2007

Ok, guys, when you're in the design tent and a judge asks you a question, what are you gonna do? laugh and tell them, "you're kidding, right?". I don't think that they have to much time to stand around and bullshit. But, feel free to interpret design questions as jokes, more power to you.
    UNM FSAE 2003 to 2005

i meant "joke", as in humorous, not stupid

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schumi_Jr:
    Denny, how do you determine what constitutes a brake system being stiff enough? It comes down to driver feel, so what you really need to do is test your driver! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That reminds me of something I read on the StopTech site:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The feel of the brake pedal should approach the firmness and consistency of a brick. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So yeah, I guess brakes can never be stiff enough basically. Maybe I'll ask a Civil Engineer what's the modulus of a brick. I'll bet they'll just look at me funny.
    Michael Hoyer
    Villanova University 2006 FSAE
    http://www.villanovafsae.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2