+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Sponsors?

Our sponsorship campaign is in full swing here at Miami and we have some pretty good contacts within some brewing companies. The question has arose as to whether it is allowed within the rules for them to sponsor us. Any help would be great.
    "Impossible is nothing, when racing is everything"

Our sponsorship campaign is in full swing here at Miami and we have some pretty good contacts within some brewing companies. The question has arose as to whether it is allowed within the rules for them to sponsor us. Any help would be great.
    "Impossible is nothing, when racing is everything"

We had a local brewery sponsor us for 2005, we didn't have anyone say anything about it. Although I have never looked at the rules to see if it is illegal or not.
    Dave Addington
    University of Alberta
    FSAE 2005, 2006

At FSAE 2004 there was a team running Heineken keg-cans as oil and water catch cans. They removed them for the dynamic events, i'm not sure if they just didn't pass tech or if it was an infringement of the rules. Does anyone remember the team?

Arn't the minimum catch can size a quart? That could be why Heiniken Keg cans don't qualify.

I think someone should get Jack Daniels. If you do, i'll garuntee a picture of your car next to the 07 cup car.
    'engine and turbo guy'
    Cornell 02-03

I always wanted to be sponsored by a strip club or sex toy manufacturer.

When I read the title, I thought you were talking about an E85 sponsorship! There are no rules in the rule book that prohibit any particular type of sponsor. I'd be more concerned about how the university feels about having a brewer as a sponsor. Cornell (the university) controls the FSAE team's budget and I'm sure they have the power to put the nix on any sponsorship deal they don't like. My advice would be to consult with your faculty advisor.
    Chris Davin
    Cornell Racing
    Engine Team '02 '03 '04 '05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VFR750R:
    I think someone should get Jack Daniels. If you do, i'll garuntee a picture of your car next to the 07 cup car. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say go for a liquor with a higher alcohol content, something strong enough to run the dyno on. It would kill two birds with one stone. The ultimate picture would be of the engine team running the dyno in the middle of the night, on liquor, at full power, headers slightly glowing, with each team member pounding from a bottle. It would be like that old PCBExpress picture, but ten times better.
    Chris Davin
    Cornell Racing
    Engine Team '02 '03 '04 '05

I wanted to get Olde English as a sponsor when we got the number 40.
    The 40oz Killer!

We've been sponsored by a distilling company and a couple bars downtown with no issues. Without having any good competition stories for the guys at least I can exlain how we pulled off those sponsors.
    Joel Schmidt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast