+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why can't I post anything? [Trigger words]

Can't post anything. Every post, even ones without words, contain 'trigger' words and are flagged and never get posted.

EDIT: But this post just worked. Who runs these forums? Because it's effectively broken to me.

EDIT2: Well I figured it out. I can't post images. Thanks FSAE.com
    www.OspreyRacing.org
    University of North Florida

Can't post anything. Every post, even ones without words, contain 'trigger' words and are flagged and never get posted.

EDIT: But this post just worked. Who runs these forums? Because it's effectively broken to me.

EDIT2: Well I figured it out. I can't post images. Thanks FSAE.com
    www.OspreyRacing.org

You're quite welcome! We can at least attempt to protect you from spambots. The impatience issues...we'll leave that to autonomy.

If the goal is to prevent spam might I suggest a captcha package for new forum accounts.

I don't see how preventing a user from posting images prevents spam.

Once an account is registered and can make new posts/topics. You already lost the spam war.
    www.OspreyRacing.org

HAHAHA! This is too good. While all of the other posts by the spambot should be removed, this one is just too appropriate and I hope that it stays.
    -----------------------------------
    Matt Birt
    Engine Calibration and Performance Engineer, Enovation Controls
    Former Powertrain Lead, Kettering University CSC/FSAE team
    1st place Fuel Efficiency 2013 FSAE, FSAE West, Formula North
    1st place overall 2014 Clean Snowmobile Challenge

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Allen Ritz:
    Firstly you need to check whether your account is registered or not..if not then register first or check your proxy and hope then you will be able to post a comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THE ULTIMATE FAIL: When a spam-bot starts giving advice on how to post things
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

+ Reply to Thread