+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Competition Horsepower Graphs

Quote Mike Hart "From the Ricardo dyno at UK".

Haha, another good Aussie dyno :-)

Pat
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

It must be a tad optimistic. Herts had 106bhp according to them! Still....Graz had 100PS last year with new cams. I don't believe they had changed anything else.
    Triumph Motorcycles
    Chassis Design Engineer

FSAE '05-08 UBRacing
    2008 Technical Director and Sprint/Endurance Driver
    2007 Powertrain Team Leader and Sprint/Endurance Driver

That was 106bhp at the crank. The ricardo dyno must of been using a correction for vehicles with greater transmission losses.

We've had the car on our rolling road after the comp, over 80bhp at the wheels, hopefully with more to come.

But what does the curve look like?

Peak doesn't matter so much as area under the curve.
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

From the Ricardo dyno at UK 2008. Stock Honda 600RR engine, supercharge (Rotex C15-60) boost pressure ~0,4Bar, ECU (Fartstup "A small Danish company"), not tune for max power or torque.
    It's our second year car "G2"

We did only one pull because of an small water leak, but we got the Ricardo award for this.

Unicorn Race Engineering
    Aalborg University
    Denmark

How about all the people I saw at west this year on the dyno? Post up your graphs.
    Terps Racing

This link has all of my info and data (for the WATTARD) for comparison purposes. My PhD has everything in one pdf, titled "Small engine performance limits- turbocharging, combustion or design"

http://dtl.unimelb.edu.au/R/IT...ard&pds_handle=GUEST

Hope this helps many powertrain teams out there

Kind Regards

William Attard
    Retiring gracefully from FSAE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by powered by wattard:
    This link has all of my info and data (for the WATTARD) for comparison purposes. My PhD has everything in one pdf, titled "Small engine performance limits- turbocharging, combustion or design"

http://dtl.unimelb.edu.au/R/IT...ard&pds_handle=GUEST

Hope this helps many powertrain teams out there

Kind Regards

William Attard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you so much, I can't wait to read these.
    Mountain Lion Motorsports

Just to comment on this. I saw a 15% loss on the dynomite chassis dyno at east last year compared to our dynojet at school. I nearly had a heart attack when i saw this.

From my understanding the interia of the rolls it will effect turbo teams greatly. I have also been told that dynojet adds a 15% buffer into their results but when i asked them they stated otherwise.

I am going back to our SF-901 waterdyno this summer. It will be interesting to find out the differences between our chassis dyno and engine dyno.

Wattard,

You are my hero. My weekend just went away. Right before finals. Okay, your less of a hero now, but the papers are still really really interesting.

Thanks man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2