+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Source for Metric Al wire

Ran into a bit of trouble working on a non-FSAE research project. We need some metric-spec (i.e. 2mm) 1100 Al wire for a micro-forming experiment, and all I can find in the U.S. is a "closest equivalent" of 0.080 in., which won't work for these experiments. I've tried all the "usuals," (McMaster, etc.), and also some specialty metals suppliers, with no luck. I'm just looking for commercial purity (99.9-99.99%) 1100 Al wire (solid, un-coated) in 2mm diam.

Any non-U.S. teams have a good metals source that would ship to the U.S.? Or, for that matter, anyone know of any U.S. firm that stocks metric materials? Thanks,

-Adam Witthauer
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

Ran into a bit of trouble working on a non-FSAE research project. We need some metric-spec (i.e. 2mm) 1100 Al wire for a micro-forming experiment, and all I can find in the U.S. is a "closest equivalent" of 0.080 in., which won't work for these experiments. I've tried all the "usuals," (McMaster, etc.), and also some specialty metals suppliers, with no luck. I'm just looking for commercial purity (99.9-99.99%) 1100 Al wire (solid, un-coated) in 2mm diam.

Any non-U.S. teams have a good metals source that would ship to the U.S.? Or, for that matter, anyone know of any U.S. firm that stocks metric materials? Thanks,

-Adam Witthauer
    Dr. Adam Witthauer

Eventually found it...just in case anyone else is in a similar predicament and happens to find this post in a search (or I happen to forget myself in the distant future ) , here's the guys. Looks like their specialty is small quantities of metals for R&D usage.

Goodfellow
    Dr. Adam Witthauer

+ Reply to Thread