+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TEAMTECH Safety Equipment

UPDATED: I just had a meeting with the President of TEAMTECH Motorsports Safety, Inc. and we have been allowed to drop the price further on the harnesses for FSAE Teams. This is lowest price that we can possibly go and is very far below regular retail pricing. Please visit our website and download our Catalog for the pictures. These prices are good until December 31, 2005

TEAMTECH® Motorsports Safety, Inc. is pleased to offer special pricing on safety equipment that is tailored for Formula SAE teams. In order to get the special "FSAE Pricing"¯ you must have either a University Purchase order or a copy of the University's Letterhead through the purchasing department for your FSAE team. The team must also put a TEAMTECH sticker on the FSAE car since the pricing discount is a sponsorship. These racing harnesses meet and exceed SFI 16.1 ratings for driver restraint assemblies, and the arm restraints meet and exceed the SFI 3.3 ratings for driver accessories. TEAMTECH safety equipment has been approved for many years for use in the highest levels of stock car racing, formula car racing, road racing, monster trucks, acrobatic aero-planes, off road race buggies & trucks, and offshore power boats. TEAMTECH Motorsports Safety, Inc. is committed to an on going educational process to preserve a very high and reproducible quality of products through compliance with quality standards and specifications such as the ISO/QS-9000, and ISO/TS-16949 specifications, and the SFI Foundation, Inc.

TEAMTECH Motorsports has just added two more Harnesses for the FSAE Teams. You can go to http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com and download our 2005 Catalog to see a description and pictures that are on the botom of Page #6. These prices are good until December 31, 2005

Part#, Description, FSAE Price
    4000, 5PT Latch/Link Bolt-In, $72.00
    4002, 6PT Latch/Link Bolt-In, $78.00

Unpadded Cam-Lock (Rotary) 5-, 6-Point Harness:
    The first style of harness is an unpadded 3"¯ harness available in a 5 and 6 point mount configuration and bolt in or snap in mounting. You are provided with the option of either pull-up or pull-down lap belt adjustments. It has been determined that the pull-up type lap belt adjustment is better in both adjustment power and placement versatility in tight seating arrangements. The pull-up lap belt will come standard unless specified otherwise. These harnesses are also outfitted with TEAMTECH's revolutionary pull loops and release tabs to release the harness pressure effortlessly and on demand while the pull loops assist in creating intense webbing adjustments using the thumbs only.

5000, 5 Pt. Harness, Rotary Release, Bolt-In,
    With Pull Loops and Release Tabs, $150.83

5001, 5 Pt. Harness, Rotary Release, Snap-In,
    With Pull Loops and Release Tabs, $161.34

5002, 6 Pt. Harness, Rotary Release, Bolt-In,
    With Pull Loops and Release Tabs, $159.24

5003, 6 Pt. Harness, Rotary Release, Snap-In,
    With Pull Loops and Release Tabs, $167.73

Colors: Black, Blue, Red, Purple, Silver, Yellow, Green, and Pink

Pro-Arm Restraints:
    These arm restraints will keep your hands inside the cockpit instead of flopping around outside the car if you roll over. These are tough, high quality, and fully adjustable with Velcro® wrap-around straps.

3500, Pro-Arm Restraints, $27.66

Helmet Supports:
    Our helmet supports provide 360 degree support to the helmet while taking the weight of the helmet off the neck. This is crucial in reducing driver fatigue and to increase driver concentration. These supports are made with fire retardant foam with a Nomex outer shell (SFI 3.3 approved).

3600, Helmet Support, 360, SFI, $37.40

Colors: Black, Blue, Red

Tucker Helmet Harness:
    The Formula SAE cars are getting faster every year. TEAMTECH has designed the Tucker Helmet Harness for a head and neck restraint device that professional racer have been using since 2001. This device works with your racing harness to limit your head movement during a crash, cornering, and severe breaking. It has been tested in a dynamic sled test program up to 50G's and the neck tension has been below 3200 Newton's during these impacts (Under 4170 Newton's passes the test). The major use of this device in Formula SAE will be to improved driver performance under hard cornering and breaking. The Tucker Helmet Harness will keep your head upright under these dynamic conditions without straining your body or neck. One Helmet Harness Mounting Kit is included with each Tucker Helmet Harness, but if you are going to use the device with multiple helmets we offer extra mounting kits (Part # 3705 below).

3700M, Tucker Helmet Harness, Mesh, $263.27
    3705, Helmet Harness Mounting Kit, $35.41

At TEAMTECH we welcome the opportunity to exceed your safety needs, and to be a part of your safety efforts. For pictures and more information please visit our website at http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com, or contact us at 989-792-4880.

Thank you,

David P. Herald
    Sales and Marketing
    TEAMTECH Motorsports Safety, Inc.
    Phone: (989)-792-4880
    Fax: (989)-792-4858
    david.herald@teamtechmotorsports.com
    http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com

UPDATED: I just had a meeting with the President of TEAMTECH Motorsports Safety, Inc. and we have been allowed to drop the price further on the harnesses for FSAE Teams. This is lowest price that we can possibly go and is very far below regular retail pricing. Please visit our website and download our Catalog for the pictures. These prices are good until December 31, 2005

TEAMTECH® Motorsports Safety, Inc. is pleased to offer special pricing on safety equipment that is tailored for Formula SAE teams. In order to get the special "FSAE Pricing"¯ you must have either a University Purchase order or a copy of the University's Letterhead through the purchasing department for your FSAE team. The team must also put a TEAMTECH sticker on the FSAE car since the pricing discount is a sponsorship. These racing harnesses meet and exceed SFI 16.1 ratings for driver restraint assemblies, and the arm restraints meet and exceed the SFI 3.3 ratings for driver accessories. TEAMTECH safety equipment has been approved for many years for use in the highest levels of stock car racing, formula car racing, road racing, monster trucks, acrobatic aero-planes, off road race buggies & trucks, and offshore power boats. TEAMTECH Motorsports Safety, Inc. is committed to an on going educational process to preserve a very high and reproducible quality of products through compliance with quality standards and specifications such as the ISO/QS-9000, and ISO/TS-16949 specifications, and the SFI Foundation, Inc.

TEAMTECH Motorsports has just added two more Harnesses for the FSAE Teams. You can go to http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com and download our 2005 Catalog to see a description and pictures that are on the botom of Page #6. These prices are good until December 31, 2005

Unpadded Cam-Lock (Rotary) 5-, 6-Point Harness:
    The first style of harness is an unpadded 3"¯ harness available in a 5 and 6 point mount configuration and bolt in or snap in mounting. You are provided with the option of either pull-up or pull-down lap belt adjustments. It has been determined that the pull-up type lap belt adjustment is better in both adjustment power and placement versatility in tight seating arrangements. The pull-up lap belt will come standard unless specified otherwise. These harnesses are also outfitted with TEAMTECH's revolutionary pull loops and release tabs to release the harness pressure effortlessly and on demand while the pull loops assist in creating intense webbing adjustments using the thumbs only.

5000, 5 Pt. Harness, Rotary Release, Bolt-In,
    With Pull Loops and Release Tabs, $150.83

5001, 5 Pt. Harness, Rotary Release, Snap-In,
    With Pull Loops and Release Tabs, $161.34

5002, 6 Pt. Harness, Rotary Release, Bolt-In,
    With Pull Loops and Release Tabs, $159.24

5003, 6 Pt. Harness, Rotary Release, Snap-In,
    With Pull Loops and Release Tabs, $167.73

Pro-Arm Restraints:
    These arm restraints will keep your hands inside the cockpit instead of flopping around outside the car if you roll over. These are tough, high quality, and fully adjustable with Velcro® wrap-around straps.

3500, Pro-Arm Restraints, $27.66

Helmet Supports:
    Our helmet supports provide 360 degree support to the helmet while taking the weight of the helmet off the neck. This is crucial in reducing driver fatigue and to increase driver concentration. These supports are made with fire retardant foam with a Nomex outer shell (SFI 3.3 approved).

3600, Helmet Support, 360, SFI, $37.40

Colors: Black, Blue, Red

Tucker Helmet Harness:
    The Formula SAE cars are getting faster every year. TEAMTECH has designed the Tucker Helmet Harness for a head and neck restraint device that professional racer have been using since 2001. This device works with your racing harness to limit your head movement during a crash, cornering, and severe breaking. It has been tested in a dynamic sled test program up to 50G's and the neck tension has been below 3200 Newton's during these impacts (Under 4170 Newton's passes the test). The major use of this device in Formula SAE will be to improved driver performance under hard cornering and breaking. The Tucker Helmet Harness will keep your head upright under these dynamic conditions without straining your body or neck. One Helmet Harness Mounting Kit is included with each Tucker Helmet Harness, but if you are going to use the device with multiple helmets we offer extra mounting kits (Part # 3705 below).

3700M, Tucker Helmet Harness, Mesh, $263.27
    3705, Helmet Harness Mounting Kit, $35.41

At TEAMTECH we welcome the opportunity to exceed your safety needs, and to be a part of your safety efforts. For pictures and more information please visit our website at http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com, or contact us at 989-792-4880.

Thank you,

David P. Herald
    Sales and Marketing

David Herald
    Sales & Marketing

And you call that sponsorship??? And with those prices you want to have a sticker in the car that's a rip off.
    We can get better deal with summit or B.J.S with out putting stickers or calling it "Sponsorship" y even think that the summit normal price are cheaper than yours.
    Got to do better than that if you really want to sell, something to a "Student" FSAE TEAM
    Remember Student= Not yet gaining money
    Team Formula SAE UCV 2003-2007
    Kettering University 2008

I'm still looking of ways to get there faster!
    www.fsaeucv.org

Why should we buy your belts for $190 if we can buy gforce for $100?
    Kyle Jeffries

To answer the questions about price and what is different about the TEAMTECH belts over other manufactures I feel that this is needed to be said. All of the harnesses that are offered through TEAMTECH are not just standard harnesses they feature many patented safety features, engineering, and have gone through extensive testing and must maintain the highest quality control standards. TEAMTECH manufactures their own harnesses and our exclusive patented Rotary Release Buckle (Camlock) to be compliant with the ISO/TS 16949 (QS9000) Quality Standard Specifications. TEAMTECH prides itself in being the premier quality manufacturer of motorsport safety equipment. Also for pictures of these products please visit http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com, or feel free to contact me directly.

Many racers call us up and write to use about their experiences with TEAMTECH products and many say that the harnesses are so comfortable that they don't even know they were on, and that their lap times have improved from just changing the harness to a TEAMTECH harness due to increased driver comfort and concentration. It also has been stated that drivers who have been involved in accidents with our padded harnesses (RamPac and other models) have walked away with only minor discomfort and without or only minor bruising. For more information on this and other testimonials please visit. http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com/c...rcomments.html

The TEAMTECH Harnesses that are offered to FSAE Teams have unique details that you will not find in other harnesses; also you will not find a TEAMTECH harness less expensive than what we have offered to the FSAE Teams.

The unpadded 5-, and 6-Point harness is manufactured out of the highest quality of materials and to exacting specifications. These harnesses have TEAMTECH's patented rotary release buckle, and pull loops and release tabs sewn on to the webbing for quick and easy adjustment of the harness (especially useful in a tight cockpit).

The Rampac Harness is designed for the ultimate comfort and safety of the driver and has TEAMTECH's patented rotary release buckle, sternum strap, and chest and pelvic pads for decreased lateral and forward movement of the upper flank they are padded to allow for maximum belt tightness without driver discomfort.

I have been involved with the Saginaw Valley State University FSAE team for many years and while with the team I was responsible for purchasing materials for my projects. When selecting parts or materials I was concerned with price, but I was more concerned with what products are available that will be give the car and drivers the performance that is necessary to succeed. I am also aware that some of the FSAE teams may not be able to spend the money on these products, but for the teams that would like the opportunity to run TEAMTECH Safety Equipment, they will not find a better deal any ware else.

Sincerely,

David P. Herald
    Sales and Marketing

David Herald
    Sales & Marketing

Erick and Kyle,

In the market of safety harnesses you will find a direct relationship between price and quality. I have dealt with some of the cheaper harnesses you both speak of and the quality is poor at best. I have had a G-Force harness jam on me personally and thankfully I did not have to get out of the car in a hurry. When it comes to the safety, saving $100-200 is not worth it. I hope you do not use this philosophy when purchasing other components for your car such as bolts and rod ends. I cannot comment on the quality of the TeamTech harness but please do not think all harnesses are created equal and cost should be your only deciding factor.
    The 40oz Killer!

wizard-

obviously you've never been involved in the cost report section of FSAE. personally, i'd kill for $200. we do use the c-series aurora rod-ends, and have only had 2 failures in 4 years. yes, they're oversized, and heavy, but they're like 1/4 the price of the higher-strength units. can you justify paying $12 each for 40 rod-ends? that's $960, which would have moved us from 70th to about 35th in cost.
    Mike Miles
    Carnegie Mellon SAE/Carnegie Mellon Racing -- Formula SAE 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

We been using Crow and B.J.S harness with now problems at all, again cost is a very important factor in this project not only to do well on the cost report but to have $ to buy things that make the car go faster!!!

Still the relation quality vs. Cost, of this prices their offering as "Sponsorship" are way off, I would go for Simpson gear over theirs 10tousend times. Their same price instead for the helmet but I don't have to put a Simpson sticker on the car.

Personally I think it insulting to call the prices "sponsorship" and demand a car sticker I would not trade a 1000$ sponsorship package (body work space) to pay for this safety equipment with some other sponsor package it's just stupid.

It's good to now of your prices and equipment but I would really take out the word sponsorship and demand a sticker. Again its really insulting. I really doubt you were on the buying stuff on a FSAE Team either you had a lot of money or you did really badly on the cost report. My background I but everything for our team this past year, and got 20th place on the cost report 7 points from first place and 26 over 30 of the cheapest car, and were a first year team.

As for the spherical rod ends Aurora bearings is one of our sponsors and they DO deserve a sticker, they gave us all free, plus many spare parts. And form their best quality products. None has braked so far!!!

Can you see the difference???
    It's a mater of business not engineering, we don't play with money, because we don't have tons of it. And we have to get our Team and Car from Venezuela to Michigan.

This is my final post on these matter cause I Think it's irrelevant to continue on this post. If you feel comfortable with those prices go ahead and buy them, I won't judge no one, get "Sponsor"¯. We personally use our sponsor money in thinks that we really need not getting other sponsors.
    Team Formula SAE UCV 2003-2007
    Kettering University 2008

I'm still looking of ways to get there faster!
    www.fsaeucv.org

TEAMTECH® Motorsports Safety, Inc. is pleased to offer special pricing on safety equipment that is tailored for Formula SAE teams. In order to get the special "FSAE Pricing"¯ you must have either a University Purchase order or a copy of the University's Letterhead through the purchasing department for your FSAE team. The team must also put a TEAMTECH sticker on the FSAE car since the pricing discount is a sponsorship.

All the best,

David P. Herald
    Sales and Marketing

David Herald