+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clutch Cable

I was just wondering if any one could suggest a suitable clutch cable that can be used. We are using a 600cc motorcycle engine. Stock cables are usually too short for a Formula SAE application.
    Thanks

I was just wondering if any one could suggest a suitable clutch cable that can be used. We are using a 600cc motorcycle engine. Stock cables are usually too short for a Formula SAE application.
    Thanks

honda goldwing cables are long

We got a push-pull cables from McMaster.com. Quick turnaround for most lengths.
    -David Y

LOBOMotorsports '03-'05
    Stanford Formula for 2007

http://www.push-pull.com/

This guy is really good. He's got good prices too, and he's a nice guy too. VERY fast turn around time. We do all our cables through him.

Make sure the housing is stiff enough too. We had to get a different housing made up because the first one was a stainless braided one that flexed all over the place!

-Kirk

All of our cars have used brake cables from tandem bikes. We just go to a local bike shop, and they usually have one in stock. I believe ours was 9' long.
    Justin Foote
    WWU FSAE
    2001 - 2005

A well stocked local marine/boat shop should have any push-pull cables you need as well.
    -Steve Yao
    UNM LoboMotorsports '03-'05
    UWashington Formula SAE '06-'08

+ Reply to Thread