+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with FSAE n00bs?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drew Price:
    Like this?

http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/t...607348/m/39520422051 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hes an expert, we could all learn a thing or two from him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atm92484:
    We had this guy....

http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/t...10399141#57410399141

I told him to check out www.fsae.com - problem solved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh, a classic post. So glad I saved and hosted his original diagram.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Charlie:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atm92484:
    We had this guy....

Ahhh, a classic post. So glad I saved and hosted his original diagram. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Haha, so did I! In fact by complete coincidence I stumbled upon it on my computer last night and had a good laugh.
    Malcolm Graham
    University of Auckland '06-'09
    www.fsae.co.nz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MalcolmG:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Charlie:
    We had this guy....

Ahhh, a classic post. So glad I saved and hosted his original diagram. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Haha, so did I! In fact by complete coincidence I stumbled upon it on my computer last night and had a good laugh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope I was never laughed at when I was new

Everyone gets laughed at when they're new, you've got to be pretty special to get completely ridiculed like that guy though.
    Malcolm Graham
    University of Auckland '06-'09
    www.fsae.co.nz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spetsnazos:

I hope I was never laughed at when I was new </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that particular fellow was treated very kindly for his misunderstanding at first; it was only after he became arrogant and demeaning towards the people that were trying to help him that he got ridiculed.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MalcolmG:
    Everyone gets laughed at when they're new, you've got to be pretty special to get completely ridiculed like that guy though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I've met some special people through FSAE. I could actually think of a few people that match that guys expertise.

FSAE Noob: We should do AWD, Evo's and STI's are very fast off the line

facepalm.

We just hand noobs a broom and let them sweep, the shop always needs a good sweeping out.

I've also started answering any "well why don't you ____" question by telling them to hop on a computer in the office, pull up the rules and then tell me why we don't do that. Had a guy recently sigh and say that that seemed like a lot of work...
    SAE @ University of Central Florida

Random 08-09
    Team Leader 09-10
    Electrical Lead 10-11
    Electrical Lead 11-12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coastertrav:
    We just hand noobs a broom and let them sweep, the shop always needs a good sweeping out.

I've also started answering any "well why don't you ____" question by telling them to hop on a computer in the office, pull up the rules and then tell me why we don't do that. Had a guy recently sigh and say that that seemed like a lot of work... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I notice people much rather drive the car than sweep the floors. They just dont show up until we have a drive day.

I have also heard, "I am training to be an engineer, sweeping is below me". Srs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast