+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tig welding wire filler metal

Does anyone know which filler metal wire is used in Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding?

Its material property or Grade?

Thanks

Does anyone know which filler metal wire is used in Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding?

Its material property or Grade?

Thanks

Umm, seriously?

I will bite my tongue from further inappropriate remarks, and answer your question.

The filler material you use when you TIG weld is dependent on what you are welding. For example, if you are welding 4130 chromoly steel, ER70S2 is a pretty common filler rod. When you order filler rod, many times in the description, it will tell you what the particular filler rod is suitable for.

Thanks for the information buddy..

And can you give me a link to the website or any pdf doc where i can get all the information about various filler materials?

Somehow Avinash I don't think BMH is your 'buddy'!

He bit his tongue and answered your inane question.

Why don't you ask whoever supplied your welder or whoever sells welding supplies in your part of the world.

Pat

PS, when I posted 'Filler material for TIG welders' in Google, I only got 363,000 hits, so I guess that information must be hard to come by!
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

@Pat.
    i know wat he (BMH) meant.. but atleast he gave me a material for 4130chromoly.

And thanks Pat. i'll have to ask my welder.
    actually he also doesn't knw.. but will find through his supplier.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AvinashJagtap:
    @Pat.

actually he also doesn't knw.. but will find through his supplier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...moral of the story, do some research yourself. The information you seek is very easy to find if you look around. You want to learn why the particular filler rod is used as well. For instance, at competition you are asked what filler rod you used and why, are you just going to say that because someone told me so?

With filler material, you will find that there are multiple filler rod types that are suitable for a particular material. However, it is up to you to determine what is best for your particular application.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AvinashJagtap:
    @Pat.

actually he also doesn't knw.. but will find through his supplier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If our welder didnt even know what fill rod to use, I wouldnt let him within 50 feet of our TIG, much less the car. Just sayin.
    San Jose State University

FSAE Chassis and Ergonomics Lead '12-'13
    FSAE Chief Engineer '11-'12
    FSAE Chassis Technical Lead '10-'11
    Formula Hybrid Chassis Grunt '09-'10

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing le

+ Reply to Thread