+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Excel brake calculations

Hey guys, so i've been doing a fair amount of research on each part of the brake system. We are first year team so we have nothing to go on. From perusing the forums here I got the idea to put all the calculations into an Excel document to help pick a master cylinder and other components. I already have the calipers and am designing the rotors.

I have built a fairly extensive spreadsheet using Stoptech's formulas, but was hoping one of the more experienced brake guys could take a look and just point out any big mistakes. (I see that we can't attach files here so if you give me an e-mail address I will send it out)

PM me.
    Kettering University Vehicle Dynamics
    Formula SAE 2010 - 2015
    Clean Snowmobile Powertrain 2012 - 2015

Boogityland 2015 - Present

Originally posted by MUsusp72:
    Hey guys, so i've been doing a fair amount of research on each part of the brake system. We are first year team so we have nothing to go on. From perusing the forums here I got the idea to put all the calculations into an Excel document to help pick a master cylinder and other components. I already have the calipers and am designing the rotors.

I have built a fairly extensive spreadsheet using Stoptech's formulas, but was hoping one of the more experienced brake guys could take a look and just point out any big mistakes. (I see that we can't attach files here so if you give me an e-mail address I will send it out)

its..karthik9908mech@gmail.com
    "KINDLY SEND ME THAT SPREAD SHEET WHICH WILL B HELPFUL FOR INFORMATION, SO THAT I CAN KNOW ALL THE PARAMETERS REQUIRED TO DESIGN THE BRAKE"

THANK YOU

Originally posted by karthik yadav:
    its..karthik9908mech@gmail.com
    "KINDLY SEND ME THAT SPREAD SHEET WHICH WILL B HELPFUL FOR INFORMATION, SO THAT I CAN KNOW ALL THE PARAMETERS REQUIRED TO DESIGN THE BRAKE"

THANK YOU
    No. Intellectual property is not something that is just given away. Formula SAE and other SAE events are all about learning, if I give you a tool that I've developed, it doesn't mean you know how to use it correctly. You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

Would you like to discuss what it actually takes to design a brake system instead? What have you developed so far?
    Formula SAE 2010 - 2015

THANK YOU
    What else? If you also want the chassis and suspension drawing why don't you also simply ask!

Kindly request you stop dreaming and start working on your own calculations.

Bu the way if you have the guts to ask such kind of questions (I guess you mean "requests") you should also have the decency to introduce yourself.
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

Originally posted by MUsusp72:

You beat me to it on this, I was going to make up a spreadsheet using the documents on the Stoptech site so that future years could have something to start from and to help out the brakes guy in my team. I'll be honest and say I'm not in a position to verify your work as I'm in exactly the same position as you (effectively first year team).

However, I could still do some basic formula checking if that would help you out? PM me and let me know if I can help .
    Aston University Formula Student - VD/Suspension guy.

MCoach Provided me with some great insight. At this point i'm not ready to share because most of the stuff I know i'm just starting to understand fully.

As for Karthik, I have spent the past 6 months doing all the research I possibly could/help from others (note help not just their spreadsheet). Perhaps you could do the same.

Thanks again MCoach.

Glad I could help, you dropped off the radar for a bit there. :P

Things still going well?
    Formula SAE 2010 - 2015

And this ladies and gentlemen is why so many things are going wrong in modern societies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast