+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Baltic Open Announcements

Not much to announce but the date has changed from the 1st of September to two weeks later (15th September) due to a clash with a major round of karting at the track.

More information will follow for accomodation, but the openplan areas above our workshops and the workshop itself are available for teams to make last minute adjustments and secure parking for all cars and equipment.
    Everthing you want is just outside your comfort zone!

Not much to announce but the date has changed from the 1st of September to two weeks later (15th September) due to a clash with a major round of karting at the track.

More information will follow for accomodation, but the openplan areas above our workshops and the workshop itself are available for teams to make last minute adjustments and secure parking for all cars and equipment.

Could you move it one or three from the first date to avoide the STCC weekends. Volvo motorsport division has requested to see the cars and there's a bigger chance that they have time.
    Jon Myhr Wahlen
    Suspension lead
    KTH Racing 2011-12

Drop an email to Malin, I am leaving town on Sunday and not quite sure if I will return.

JR

The saga continues.

So, we had booked the track but then they dropped a bombshell on us! They wanted us to pay them for loss of earnings! As the project budget is already stretched, we cannot absorb this cost and it would therefore be transferred to you, the competitors.Their logo has been duly removed from the car.

We are now in talks with the Head of Motorsport at Volvo about a new venue. They have 5 tracks that we can access, but due to prototypes floating around, they need to clear it with a few departments first.

Accomodation will be in our students union building with a Sauna, Swimming pool and bar. Scruitineering and storage will occur in our open access areas above our workshop, which you will also have free use of...Delft, you bringing that truck

You can bring as many cars as you like, but they must have passed scrutineering. Any difficulties with this can be dealt with by Malin who can be accessed via the website www.chalmers.se/am/formula.
    Please bear with us as we sort these little issues!

Hi Jonnie,

that sucks... Good luck with the talks!

About the truck, I don't think we'll bring it to Sweden. That's just a bit out of our budget I guess.

Looking forward to a great event...

Cheers!

Don´t worry, we are pretty resourceful here! We are hoping to make it a Baltic Open to remember. Head of Motorsports at Volvo is a big patron of Formula Student here at Chalmers, so this should help smooth things along. Sweden comes to a bloody standstill during the summer though, so getting anything done is always a hassle, but we will manage!

It´s a pity the fun truck won´t be there, but make sure you bring your team...always good for a drinking session!

Oh you have a sauna. Then we don´t have to take our own with us

Hope that we don´t break anything in Germany as then we will have to take only beer with us when we come. Well atleast the guys are getting HPF006 in good shape (hopefully). And we also have 003 and 005 in running condition so I believe we can have a good race!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former Engine Manager
    Metropolia Motorsport
    Metropolia UAS, Helsinki

http://www.metropolia-motorsport.fi/

Design & Race Engineer
    Artline Formu

Any progress with the venue? And is there any rough schedule made yet?
    It's just that my boss don't seem to like my week long vacation for FSG that much so I thought I would give him an early heads up of how many days I'll need for BO and when would those days be.

I second the Mikko's "Oh you have a sauna". Just hope that it really is a sauna and not a bastu. There's a big difference!
    ------------------------------------------
    Kimmo Hirvonen
    Helsinki Polytechnic Formula Engineering Team '04-'07

Kimmo, just drink plenty of beer before going into the bastu, you won't notice any difference
    KTH Racing '03-'08
    Dartmouth Formula Racing '07

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast