+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who Else Can't Get Drexler to Send Them A Diff?

Might have a sneak peek tomorrow afternoon .....

I will see where Pavan is on this .... hang tight,
    scotty
    Taylor Race
    scotty@taylor-race.com
    taylor-race.com

Scotty is the man. There is nothing more to it. He has helped us with the most frustrating problems over the last several years.

I would have to say the best part of 2007 FSAE comp was sitting next to Scotty on the bleachers shooting the shit about life while racecars were zooming by.

On another note, has anyone had any problems getting a steering wheel quick release from SPA? We ordered one of the splined ones with the electrical connector back in the fall, and heve been hearing "its a week away" since January. Anybody get one directly from SPA this year?

Evan Dimmerling

VP Drexel Racing

Originally posted by emd44:
    On another note, has anyone had any problems getting a steering wheel quick release from SPA?

Evan Dimmerling

VP Drexel Racing
    Yes, took them seven months or so to get us ours. Terrible service. I think we have an extra one kicking around. No electrics, but if your committed to this design, it will get you by. Let me know if you are interested.

rmk36@(nospam)zips.uakron.edu
    Ryan
    University of Akron 2010-2014

We never had any problems with SPA. Top quality products, and when a (spare)wiring kit for our QR came with bent pins, they changed it within days.

Rutgers Formula Racing can rent the use of a Drexler (LONG VERSION) diff at FSAE Michigan 2012 for $250
    Umur Selek
    President, Project Manager, Marketing Leader, Pedals&Brakes
    Rutgers Formula SAE 2010-2012

So, update. Just got the quick release in yesterday, so 7-8 month turnaround time. At least we planned this one far enough ahead....lol

We got our differentials yesterday after a couple more calls to Germany. But we are still waiting for some parts from them. Lessons learned: better shop local if possible and do your business with people that value it.

As an update, we (Cole and I are on the same team) got our Drexler in last week, but discovered it didn't come with the required seals for the tulips, so we'll be trying it out this sunday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast